Beware of Interbank FX

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by hillcmr, Aug 13, 2006.

1. I thought someone said it was just a cleverly disguised bucketshop or was that just a rumor?

#11     Aug 14, 2006
  2. It's has an ECN structure !

You will in the end pay a lot more with IBFX than 2 pips with
    all the games they play.

#12     Aug 14, 2006
  3. bl33p

bl33p

EFXGroup is just an introducing broker for MB Trading.

#13     Aug 15, 2006
  4. siki13

siki13

I notice(once) that EFX group level 2 window is lagging behind oanda real time data so even if i use demo that is something to
    consider regarding the cleverly disguised bucketshop statement.

#14     Aug 15, 2006
  5. That's very interesting because Oanda's quote update is slow - depending on market conditions. When the market is active they speed it up but when the market is slow the Oanda feed is like 1-2 seconds slow in showing the updated price (not exploitable, more of a quote speed display thing). So the level 2 window you're looking at must be very slow.

#15     Aug 15, 2006
  6. Oanda is updating slowly, EFX is in
    line with other ECN's.

#16     Aug 15, 2006
  7. Thanks for the feedback. What's the one sided commission charge to trade $10,000 worth of currency at EFX?

#17     Aug 15, 2006
  8. hillcmr

hillcmr

I no longer play the FX broker games. I went back to trading currency futures now that the CME has joined the modern world and made them electronically traded. No artificially-imposed spreads, only a small commission. And you can place limit orders at any time, even 1 tick off the last sale, if you want.

There are some drawbacks with currency futures that you have to work around, however. But the positives outweight the negatives.

#18     Aug 19, 2006
  9. 168

mbtrading can place 1 pip limit order too , and can be fill most of the time .

#19     Sep 26, 2006
  10. 168

but ibfx is totally a joke , always slow and widen the spread for no reason , if you complain about , they always said .it's the bank.......it's the news.....when there is no news and no bank.....it's their own dealing desk and they pretend to be some banks behind them....it's totally scam...scam......

#20     Sep 26, 2006