Beware of Adobe 8 upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by intradaybill, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Just had a look at nitro.

Looks very good if you want to do a bit of editing and creation.

I use the simpler foxit and probably won't change (as I don't want to) but Nitro's an impressive tool at the price of $0.00. Another good free one similar to foxit is PDF Xchange Viewer.

#11     Jun 16, 2011
  2. rsi80

rsi80

#12     Jun 28, 2011
  3. dc101

dc101

#13     Jun 28, 2011
  4. I tried to download it and it didn't work. Now it keeps asking me to down load again. I don't even understand why I need it in the first place. Can I just delete it altogether or will it affect the operation of my computer?

#14     Jun 28, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What about adobe flash? Did you guys get rid of that or just the PDF viewer?

#15     Jun 28, 2011
  6. I still have flash as I don't know of a good alternative. Maybe the tech guys can give us an idea if you can replace flash and if so, with what.

#16     Jun 28, 2011
  7. Wasn't aware of the Foxit 5 shit hitting the fan till I saw it mentioned here.

Will wait for that to settle down before any upgrade.

The older Foxit is 10x better than Adobe reader

#17     Jun 28, 2011
  8. The headline sould be changed from "Beware of Adobe 8 upgrade" to "Beware of Adobe everything"

Adobe is the worst piece of shit company to ever infiltrate the internet. When you go to read a news story, the actual news is about 8kb but there's about 200 websites hacking your system with many, many mb's of bandwidth and processing required because of all that shit Adobe propogates for stupid shit that has nothing to do with what you are doing.

Fuck Adobe and the horse they rode in on.

#18     Jun 29, 2011