Beware Ninja Trader is locking up

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dandxg, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Your points make sense. That said I ran XT right next to Ninja Zen and NZ appared a blink faster. But I was using an older version of XT free version from Velocity.

#11     Jul 26, 2006
  2. No problems for me with a 1 1/2 year old HP Pentium 4 running NT with TT feed............btw, I NEVER run my NT platform and charting/analytics on the same box (one box for charting and one for the platform per trade system).

I do agree that NT is heavier than most platforms (Trademaven, Transact, XTrader 6) from a software standpoint. I would especially never run the NT platform with anything else during the trade day...except a browser with ET pulled up. :D

I also do think that the NT platform has problems with Eurex trading at this time, so XTrader is by far the best way to go down that road.

As I have said before, once the X "Lite" gets released then all others will probably be left in the dust.....hurry up TT!

I had an online demo of the XTrader7 with XStudy today and I came away very impressed....wow what a combination!

#12     Jul 26, 2006
  3. Has anyone any experience with Infinity AT offered by Infinity Brokerage services?

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Yeah I have been using it the last 2 days, it is worse than NT, bugs, less features, don't like it. It is transact's platform not Infinity's. For example I tried to drag and click my profit target in the DOM, didn't work. They don't even have SL above/below market! Also it is not intuitive to use compared to Ninja or X Trader IMO. I am going to get a demo on Photon Trader, even though 200 a month for me is a bit much startintg out. Shit I don't know what to do. I can't afford X Trader Pro, if I could I would do that.

#14     Jul 27, 2006
  5. I used the demo today and thought it was probably just myself having problems. I am having problems also looking for a firm/platform to switch to.

#15     Jul 28, 2006

6. Go back and talk to Velocity - if you do enough size they can "comp" one platform fee for you. Can you go the XTrader transactional cost route for your trading needs or is the commish structure to high for your systems profitability?

I am telling you guys, there is XTrader at the top of the hill, NT trying to go up the hill, and the rest sitting down in the ditch...LOL! You would think in this modern era of trading we would have a much more reliable set of platform choices....LOL!

If TT/XTrader was to drop their X "Lite" platform on the table right now it would kill the competition. TT could do the Nacho Libre "Eagle Maneuver" right now to end the match VICTORIOUS!

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/743/743605/img_3614502.html

:D :D :D

#16     Jul 28, 2006
  7. How much size would one have to trade to have XTrader comped at Velocity?

#17     Jul 28, 2006

8. Not sure these days at Velocity....call Velocity and see (or any other broker you like that has XTrader). Everything is negotiable with brokers so give it a shot.

#18     Jul 28, 2006
  9. darkstar

darkstar

Wow I've never had any issue like that. Who is your ISP? NinjaTrader/ Zen-Fire runs like a deer for me. When the fed number came out two weeks ago I heard a lot of ISV's were having issues. But NinjaTrader running on Zen-Fire zipped thru it without a hitch. What kind of PC are you running?

I know that sometimes software can be complicated but my broker has done a great job navigating me through the whole process. Are you getting the support you need from your broker as well? I know sometimes many promises are made to get you in the door, and then you are left to your own.

I saw you made mention about that transact product boy have you forgotten what happened to all those clients that got sucked in to the trade maven debacle?

Well anyway my group and I are sticking with NinjaTrader / Zen-Fire.

Best of luck

DarkStar

#19     Jul 28, 2006
  10. I apprecaite your post, however I have a very fast 1 year old computer. Comcast is a very good ISP. My internet didn't go down as I was talking to my mentor on skype at the time. I have 1.5 gig of RAM, let's just say it's not a horsepower issue. It is either Ninja trader or possible corrupted Matrox drivers, it could be both. My mentor also had the same problem with NT locking up 4 months and supposedly they had fixed it. Who knows maybe I will have to shut to firefox and ET while I am trading? I don't think that is the issue though. I miss NT, it has alot of things X Trader basic doesn't have.

Regarding TransAct, that was a TM issue, not to do with their own platform, or so I have been told. That said every time I fire up the transact demo it makes my screens do a hard refresh

Honestly it seems that as NT adds more and more bells and whistles they get more unstable, but let's see how my newer Matrox driver does. If you go into task manager and look at memory and page faults used it can get to over 20 mil !

#20     Jul 28, 2006