Beware: New Series 55 format!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Croesus, Aug 2, 2002.

1. fine rub it in...........I studied for 2 months 4-5 hrs a day
    and I got a lousy 72...for the 7.

You haven't studied for the 7 till you have nightmares about bonds and options and regulators on a regular basis.

It's passing though.

for a disclaimer I did study from the book Richmark Capital (my old brokerage firm) gave me which was over 3 yrs old.

"Oh...Robert you passed the 7 on your first try great. You don't really need to study for the 63."

With that advice studied for 2 hrs.......failed
    got a 62 if I remember correctly.

I'm just horrible at tests when I know how useful the material is I'm supposed to memorize.

stop bragging about how you didn't have to study.
    Robert

#11     Sep 14, 2002
  2. Let's have a competition on the 55!

Since we both have to take the test, the first one to pass it buys the other one dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse!

Deal?

#12     Sep 14, 2002
  3. that only works if we scheldule our test date on the same day...

if possible sure why not?

Just don't finish any bottles of Vodka while we are there ok?

Robert

#13     Sep 14, 2002
  4. Not really.....

Schedule the test whenever you want, the first to pass is the winner. If you can take it next week and pass, do it. The score does not matter unless we happen to pass on the same day.

Start to study now and take it when ready. What do you think.

LOW BLOW ON THE VODKA- I have not indulged in a martini since that night of blunder in NYC.

:D

#14     Sep 14, 2002
  5. where can you get the materials?

#15     Sep 14, 2002
  6. I have a question about the 55. What is the third market? is it listed securities trading over cqs? I am kind of confused. thanx in advance for the help.

jc

#16     Sep 14, 2002
  7. The third market is simply listed stocks traded OTC.

#17     Sep 15, 2002
  8. breakin

breakin

Im taking the 55 this afternoon--sponsored by worldco....

I read and took the tests in the STC book and I was getting in the upper 60's the first time i took them. The problem is there are only 4 tests. Now when I went back to look at them I was remembering the answers.

So.... I went on Dearborn's website and paid the $75 for their online test simulator. I took one of their practice tests and got a 62!!! There were many questions on their test about things I swear are not in the STC book (very nitpicky details).

I have been studying like mad for since then (2 days a go) and I dont seem to be getting much better. I am pretty woried but it seems I am missing the questions because of very technical details---can anyone tell me if the STC or Dearborn tests are harder or easier than the real test??

I studied for the 7 for 3 1/2 weeks and got an 86 the first time. I was mor confident going in though because I was getting mid 70's in the STC book. Hopefully if im in the mid 60's Ill still pass????

thanks for any help!

Austin:
    YOU WERE SCOREING IN THE 90's AND GOT A 74???? AHHHH!!!!
    ill never get in the 90's on these practice tests without memorizing questions!!!!!!!

#18     Sep 18, 2002
  9. Breakin,

Not to scare you, but I scored a 91 on the last Dearborn practice test and only scored a 74 on the real thing. I took about 5 practice tests and my range was 76-91. Good luck.

#19     Sep 18, 2002
  10. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

Yea I agree, the practice always seem to be easier than the real thing

#20     Sep 18, 2002