Beware, Lie, Deny and Conspire to hide the Platform BUGS? review Transact Futures!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ML_QUANT, Jul 3, 2008.

1. any feed back on the post below and the one above please?
    thanks

#41     Jul 7, 2008
  2. I didn't get one today, and if I remember correctly, I DID get one about a month ago.
    I'm on v4.3.6.
    Hope I"m current! HA!:D

#42     Jul 7, 2008
  3. I didn't. I am on 4.3.6 using it with XP Pro.
    I agree their inability to keep a running total on daily PNL is weak, but I have never had the issues you claim. I also wish the would allow a default quality to be set like NT and X Trader. They have it in the program but it's disabled.

What has me concerned is their data may be lagging recently. A couple of ppl. I know and trust said they had data hangs/lags. Frankly, I haven't been trading much to notice it with summer and all. They had a known issue for some time where when you roll contract their volume data for trading with price and volume would be really off for the first couple of weeks. Still seems to be the case.

#43     Jul 7, 2008
  4. well NOT, the latest version should be 4.3.8, that's the one I was forced to upgrade to before getting my account suspended!

#44     Jul 7, 2008
  5. Can you please shed more light on the weakness of the P&L you've been experiencing? TA, refuses that there ever existed any problems with any of their thousands of customers! When at the beginning their very own chief developer confirmed having several clients complain about the same but never having enough information before me to deal with it.

Could other(some of the thousands of users) please try to replicate the problem as I have previously explained how to do it. This can really be helpful to all users, so hey chip in if you will, although the BUG may have secretly already been resolved. Although there is a good chance that it has not since the suspension of my account must have been to stop me from creating further screen captures. Although they claim it was to protect me since I had been experiencing this problem, when I had NOT done a single trade since the beginning of June and they had been informed about the same. I had been waiting my API program to get conformed to resume trading since with my own program I would have got rid of the faulty TA program and would have had my own P&L produced but, unfortunately more than 2 months later they still haven't got to even look at my program yet only to falsely claim it was not functioning by one of their developers and when challenged ate his own words. So now, I do not even have access to my account for back up and emergency purposes in support of my other accounts and hence causing me additional risk and potential losses.

#45     Jul 7, 2008
  6. I have never had the PNL issues you have. My chief complaint on that is that they have no way to show your cumm. PNL accross all DOMS, it's only cumm. for that DOM, has been my experience.

#46     Jul 7, 2008
  7. 4.3.8? You must be the only one on the planet with that version. I have 4.3.6. Why don't you take a screen shot of the Transact Log-on page like I did today,and which shows v4.3.6. I would like to see where yours says v4.3.8

#47     Jul 7, 2008
  8. I saw that version No. when checking the property of the Trader file and will find and post it but, that is quite irrelevant considering the rest of the Bugs at hand that need to be addressed. Did you get a chance to replicate the P&L error as I had explained to to do it yet?
    thanks

#48     Jul 7, 2008
  9. thanks for the input but, when you get a chance could you please try to replicate the problem as when some trades have been made and there are still open trades to exit the platform completely and launch it again to see what happens to the P&L?
    It's funny, in fact I liked it that each Dome showed it's own P&L! :)

#49     Jul 7, 2008
  10. The Jedi

The Jedi

I have never had any major problems with the software trading 3 yrs. As I do not scalp I do not have to worry about prices disappearing, when I trade. I put in my orders well in advance so I can see when they are hit

How do u calculate the PnL

Do u use FIFO or Avgout Buy/Sell or LIFO

casue each of these methods will give a different PnL. You probably know about that.

Once you turn off the software and turn it on back the PnL of open positions may be different cause the software recalculates based on some fixed data point.

I am not a software expert, so don't know how it works.

I also hope other users with similar experience post their problems too.

Did u keep a screenshot of the properties page, on how the PnL was calculated? Please post that

#50     Jul 8, 2008