Beware - Fringe media rumor - Germany to leave Euro?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ivanovich, May 12, 2010.

1. gobar

gobar

without germany there is no euro

#11     May 13, 2010
  2. muller

muller

#12     May 13, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

with your handle u should have recognized the debasement of currencies a long time ago and followed through by buying physical gold..

#13     May 13, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

I think the EU plans to dissolve fiscal autonomy of member states, consolidate taxing, monetary and budgetary authority under a centralized financial-wing, and re-emerge to fulfill it's ultimate goal - a SuperState.

#14     May 13, 2010
  5. clacy

clacy

It will all boil down to politics, IMO. Does anyone have a grasp on how this issue sits politically in German and France?

I have no clue, but if the voters start getting restless about bailing out the Mediterranean welfare states, then it could happen.

#15     May 13, 2010

6. wait a minute alex.

we will not fall for that here in europe.

better stick your analysis to texas and neighboring regions, ok!

#16     May 13, 2010
  7. Zerohedge AND Kitco? Why not throw in "UFO Conspiracy Theorist Monthly" to round off the trifecta of credible sources :D

#17     May 13, 2010
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Is that what he says? Apparently, you're a bigger fan than me.

ECB now monetizes eurozone sovereign debt. Next step? Put the offenders on a tight leash. Greece didn't like it either. Tough luck. You think Germany and France will sit idly by and let the PIIGS continue to spend their money?

#18     May 13, 2010
  9. I wonder...

Deutsche bank has about 10 Billion Euro's in deposit in my European country.

What would happen to it should Germany exit the Euro?

#19     May 13, 2010
  10. Interesting question. If they did, the Europe Zone would be left with Britain and the Pound, Germany and the DM.. + all of the weaker economies in the Euro.

What do you call it when all of the weaklings band together??

#20     May 13, 2010