Beware - critical flaw in IB Ideal Pro

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by TraderTony, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ivob

ivob

Well spread is not 100 but about 10.

Anyway, that's not doable.

What if they first close 25,000.....?

And I don't want to open another position but just close the current one. Period.
    Ivo

#111     Jan 29, 2007
  2. notouch

notouch

You're right, I was looking at the spread on Sunday night. Cable spread is 13 on Ideal.

#112     Jan 30, 2007
  3. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

We had a major release of the FX-trader interface along with FX pnls, avg cost features, automated cleanup of small balances < $3, commissions in base currency, and few more points last November. We have a few more items still to do but we had to table them for a few weeks. We are now back on these points:
    * seamless merging of the small/big markets (orders > 25K automatically routed to the large market)
    * handling of residuals that cant be directly routed to a liquidity provider
    I think these will be done in 4 plus/minus 2 weeks.

We are also looking to go to 0.5 pip pricing in more instruments (all the majors) and even 0.1 pip pricing for EUR and JPY. Also adding more currencies (Kiwi, shekel, some Nordic & eastern European currencies).

I understand the annoyance regarding the current handling of residuals < 25K but I would like to put it in perspective. The IDEALPRO FX platform is/was targeted for serious FX traders. We are providing interbank rates (there are not many platforms where you get 0.5 pip on USD/EUR as a private investor). If you are trading medium+ sizes (say 100K+ minimum, the frequency and likelihood of having to deal with a residual is not very high. And if you are trading in the sweet spot of the platform's design (500K-2M), the residuals issue almost never comes up, and when it does, it is just isnt significant.

This is why we did not treat this as a top priority over the other FX enhancements.

However, it is annoying even if the money effect is small, and it does affect clients who are trading in smaller sizes so we will patch it.

#113     Jan 31, 2007
  4. Xenia

Xenia

Good question.

#114     Jan 31, 2007
  5. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

Hours of availability are on the website. During these hours, market access (and data) should be continuous.

#115     Jan 31, 2007
  6. ggg12

ggg12

#116     Feb 7, 2007
  7. You might try looking under Help and the System Status subtag.

But if you SHOUT at everyone I'm surprised someone hasn't just told you to fuck off.

#117     Feb 7, 2007
  8. ggg12

ggg12

hey kiwi,

unless u have a direct answer, then stop wasting your time posting useless drivel.

the FACT is IB forex STALL OUT for 45 mins from midnight.

point out where i can remedy this and i'll thank you, otherwise, go back to whatever the hell u think u do

#118     Feb 7, 2007