Betting against the US Dollar

Discussion in 'Journals' started by illinimatt81, Nov 26, 2010.

1. +195 Today / +7438 Overall

Today was largely another Doji Day, but I believe we are strongly positioned to breakout to the upside tomorrow and Thursday.

Huge selling pressure from JPM a few times today was met with buyers buying every dip. It was a dogfight all day for control of direction after silver was near $30 pre-market before Blythe Masters dumped shorts at the open.

With $16B in POMO tomorrow and Thursday should be good profits to be had by all.

#41     Dec 14, 2010
  2. -2085 Today / +5223 Overall

Apparently POMO and extending the tax cuts and unemployment benefits and thus creating more debt is bullish for the dollar!

Precious metals declined accordingly. Wow, hilarious.

Not fazed at all.

#42     Dec 15, 2010
  3. -386 Today / +4875 Overall

Overall not a bad day. Right at the open on queue Blythe Masters and her associates dumped one of the largest manipulative shorts to date on the silver market taking silver all the way down from around 29.10 to 28.50. Market proceeded to rebound all day finishing slightly down.

What I found especially encouraging is that the market is wise to the tactics. In the past a move like this would have triggered 4 figure losses. Today I was actually green for a lot of the day and was never down by more than 500.

Really shows the strength of these stocks. In fact, I only ended down today because one of my speculative picks was down nearly 16% (retracing an earlier move up 38% on Monday). In all, I have nothing to complain about.

Silver is still in a clear up trend. Today's price manipulation to 28.50 tested the 20 day daily MA. It held perfectly. We continue to move in the right direction on the longer term chart. The day to day gyrations are to be expected and do not indicate anything worth consideration so long as the overall trend is up.

Sooner or later the shorting will not be effective and this market will run. I am putting a price target on silver of at least $40-50 by next summer.

#43     Dec 16, 2010
  4. +1773 Today / +2555 Week / +6639 Overall

After yesterday's margin increase announcement after the close I was worried this morning going into the open. We've had big declines in silver with forced liquidation before with margin calls the last time this was done in November. Not the case today. Blythe shorted early and the market rallied back strong, with big buying right into the close of the NYMEX session.

Stocks were strong all day as a result.

As this is the last weekend before Christmas I leave you with this wonderfully appropriate melody for today and the season.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMlqn_Hjyi8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMlqn_Hjyi8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#44     Dec 17, 2010
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok, I misunderstood what you are doing. I looked at your summary and you are in penny stocks with maybe only a couple of legit juniors. If you posted the symbols we could clarify this.

So basically your strategy talk doesn't really match your holdings either. The problem is Silver could go up as you say and almost all your companies could go belly up regardless.

But I'm open to your reasoning. Please outline the profits of the companies you invest in and their current P/E levels.

#45     Dec 19, 2010
  6. +1773 Today / +8304 Overall

On an odd note, I made the exact same amount today as Friday.

Nice orderly climb today in silver. The market opened up and made steady progress up. Blythe came in and shorted hard in the morning but within an hour and a half JPMorgan had successfully vaporized millions of federal reserve notes from their balance sheet yet again. Within an hour and a half the market took their cash and even caused a great deal of intraday pain to the shorts spiking to $29.50.

Overall not as much volatility today as expected given lighter volume in holiday trading.

#46     Dec 20, 2010
  7. I've had some PMs of people asking for proof of institutional shorting by Blythe and JPM. Really, all you have to do is take a look at a daily chart of silver on any given day and you can see the naked shorting. The market takes this as buying opportunity and buys the dip promptly.

Assuming you are lazy have a look at this intraday chart for yourself from today from a blog I like to follow, Along the Watchtower.

Note - Dollar slightly up, no news, no change in fundamentals. Clearly the market was manipulated down and buyers came in. Very bullish!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yrnL7w7J_ps/TQ-sICPyRmI/AAAAAAAAAFo/YkdAeUbFjZc/s1600/s.jpg

#47     Dec 20, 2010
  8. I'm not going to reveal my positions as I do not want to run afoul of ET rules on discussing penny stocks.

I did my DD on these. Without knowing the symbols how do you know only a few of these are legit juniors? I really don't see where you can draw logic of them going belly up if silver continued to climb. The only plausible cause of any of these having that happen would be nationalization of mines, an accident, gov't issues that come out of nowhere etc.

That is a risk that is taken and hedged against by having multiple positions.

#48     Dec 20, 2010
  9. Shagi

Shagi

The dollar is at a cross-roads, a major move imminent either way .

If it rallies from the range commodities rise will be checked.

If it collapses which is unlikely at the moment as there is insatiable appetite for $dollar assests currently with highest yeilds of any currency and in the interim yeilds have room to move up.

The 10 year yeild currently at 3.35% is going to 4% by end of next month.

Its a tricky one. Dollar gaining against other currencies but commodities still on a bull footing?? Who is fooling who????

#49     Dec 20, 2010
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The price of the underlying denotes its class. Multiple position will not save you IF the risk trade comes off. I'm not saying it will happen only that its a lot more likely then you seem to acknowledge.

#50     Dec 20, 2010