Betting Against Bitcoin With Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by xyannix, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Bitcoin is almost banned all over.

#11     Jan 16, 2014
  2. Hoi

Hoi

??? show me proof of one single country that really have made Bitcoin illegal.... None you will find.

Only thing you will find are: "regulations" and "warnings". Especially in countries already having heavy regulations for Fiat-currencies (try to export USD from India or China).

#12     Jan 16, 2014
  3. sle

sle

(a) did you actually see the bid offer on these stupid binaries? it is beyond eggregious! i know that volatility of the bitcoin is high, but probability of making money is very low with this style of execution

(b) i have zero views on bitcoin except that in these early stages it's very hard to predict the potential of the product. for choice, i'd be a buyer not a seller

#13     Jan 16, 2014
  4. China Alibaba is one of the example

#14     Jan 16, 2014
  5. Hoi

Hoi

That's just a compliance to China's regulations. It's fully legal to own and trade Bitcoin in China, if you comply to the regulations. It's the same at eBay in the USA: also there it's not allowed (by USA regulations) to trade Bitcoins with out a license.

#15     Jan 16, 2014
  6. The mkt should be 45x55. The 70/100 payoff is insulting.

#16     Jan 16, 2014
  7. But its very risky

#17     Jan 16, 2014
  8. sle

sle

30% wide digital market for the market maker? Yeah, real risky :D

#18     Jan 16, 2014
  9. TskTsk

TskTsk

I bet that percentage wise, there is a larger amount of criminals in Bitcoin than in USD. The incentive is clearly there, it makes it super easy for cross-country transfers, money laundering, black markets etc unlike any regulated fiat. In fact there was a whole online black market using nothing but bitcoin that got shut down by the fed. Don't see that with the USD...

Also bitcoin exchanges face higher and higher barriers to entry due to their constant collapses. People become skeptic and will only use trusted exchanges. My bet is this will result in eventual monopolization, and bam, it's essentially centralized. Looking at the http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/ it's already distributed accross 4 exchanges only. It makes little sense to argue decentralization when it's dependant on centralized exchanges, software etc. Also wasn't BitCoin mining also attempted, and almost successfully, monopolized by some supercomputer once? It seems as difficulty rises, again barriers to entry will be higher.

#19     Jan 16, 2014
  10. An atm binary (pick 'em) mkt is 50/100 fairval (excluding FX). The vola doesn't matter, just the forward. There is no forward mkt in BTC so this is an outright fleecing. They're pricing a coin-flip at 70/100.

#20     Jan 16, 2014