Better Web Browser...?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Breakout, Jul 9, 2003.

1. considering that the Outlook is the most dangerous email client out there from virus standpoint, you may want to give consideration to mozilla or

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

the built-in spam filtering is just a nice add-on (and it also imports your Outlook mailboxes :)

#11     Jul 10, 2003
  2. I switched to Opera about 3 months ago and cannot even imagine using IE anymore. The built-in popup blocker alone is worth making the switch, but it is a great browser in many other ways as well. However, a few rare sites still work better in IE. :mad:

#12     Jul 10, 2003
  3. A big jump in opinion about Outlook. Norton AV works with Outlook just fine and automatically filters all emails containing viruses. No reason to switch browsers just so it can be used for email.

People who use any email client without virus filtering, allow unlimited feature use by HTML emails, and are stupid enough to run executable attachments without verifying them - usually experience Darwinian moments.

#14     Jul 10, 2003
  4. Have a look at

www.crazybrowser.com

supid name but it's apparently pretty good. Great for adblocking, popups etc

Haven't used it myself though

Runningbear

#15     Jul 10, 2003
  5. Just started using Mozilla instead of IE6. It's heaps better. No problems with the install. And seems slightly faster. Im running W2Pro.

If you don't want the chat and mail components. Make sure you do a custom install and select the browser only.

Runningbear

#16     Jul 13, 2003
  6. gaj

gaj

i actually have 5 browsers on my system, but opera rocks. it's the main one i use; i have pop-ups disabled, and won't allow plugins.

i use netscape for mail and news, as i've used it for years.

i use IE for random things where i need popups (ie. ISLAND book viewer), and some browsers that can't handle opera.

i use mozilla for most remaining things.

and, finally i use lynx on my unix account.

but OPERA blows 'em all away.

#17     Jul 13, 2003
  7. Being a long time Netscape fan, all the hiccups and problems since version 4.7 made me look for other options a few years back. Opera was scarcely known at the time but I still continued following it's development. Today it's pretty impressive. However, after Mozilla came out (a project I was following since it started) everything changed. This is the most efficient browser out there!!!

#18     Jul 13, 2003
  8. Sb1

Sb1

My only experience is with IE and Mozilla, however I also looked at Opera about a year ago. What I like the most about Mozilla is that you can control the font sizes on web pages.
    That is really annoying when a web site has their font size fixed and way to small, I usually just used to move on when in IE. You can also stop pop-ups, which is a big plus.
    I don't use it for anything else however. I know they have Chatzilla but I never installed it just in case of security reasons.

#19     Jul 15, 2003