Better to Keep Quiet

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FaderTrader, Apr 29, 2006.

1. if i had people hassling me like that, to "get a job", i'd say i have a job. then when they say what, i'd say i have an e-business. if they pressed it, i guess i'd have to say selling stuff on ebay, or something like that. that's if i were you, your age and situation.

but in my situation, i would simply say stock trader and let that be the end of it. i'm sure people would think then that i was a broker. most people are very ignorant of the market and how to make money short term in it.

i also like the ideas others have said of saying "futures trader" or "finance", etc.

#31     Apr 29, 2006
  2. bravo! i totally agree. all of the above are good ideas, and the last paragraph is simply brilliant.

#32     Apr 29, 2006
  3. Hahahahha, that made me laugh! That's great, sounds like a fun guy to be around!

That made my day :)
    -Kastro

#33     Apr 29, 2006
  4. lol, thanks!

-Kastro

#34     Apr 29, 2006
  5. agreed, but (and this is not aimed at you in particular, so please don't get mad:) ) in general, i find it's better to find a way of coping well with frustrating things as opposed to "raging against the machine". you know, like if sexism exists ( which it does), you could become a raging witch about it, or you could find a way of getting around it that leaves you better off.

on the last note, i have a real-life example. there's a woman, let's say she's a lawyer (she's not, but is a similar professional). she needs to get capital backing for a project she's working on. so she has this big meeting set up and the guys she's meeting with are known to be sexist and discriminatory in their lending/granting privileges. well, she could piss and moan and whine about how unfair it is. does she do this? no. instead, she dresses up in her most striking outfit, projects an image of confidence and power, and gets all she wants and then some. coincidence? i think not. granted, this doesn't work every time or for every person, but it's an example of a creative way of solving the problem as opposed to getting angry about the problem existing. the latter usually doesn't help.

#35     Apr 29, 2006
  6. What do you say to a guy that says he inspects airport urinals for bombs with homeland security? Electric is priceless.

#36     Apr 29, 2006
  7. Yeah I know what you mean.

On Easter Sunday my Uncle who is an Engineer as well as some other family members were really trying to hammer it to me.

"You don't create anything", " all you do is push money around"
    " no offence but how does that benifit society". Yada yada yada.

I told them all they can F---off. A year ago after I graduated college no wanted to hire me. I couldn't even get a job flipping burgers because I was over qualified.

Now I am banging 1K a day trading futures all from the confines off my home.

Corporate America can kiss my Ass. " Create" , why, so that I can get laid off at age 50, or get my job outsoursed to India. For what 50 freaken K a year. Maybee 75 or 80k if I get a masters.

I was making 100k a year as a freaking bartender, meeting women and indulging in lifes other pleasures.

Not too long back I even burned my colledge diploma. Yes the original. Now that is what I think of todays job market.

#37     Apr 29, 2006
  8. I have no faith in mankind.

no offence but how does that benifit society". Yada yada yada

#38     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Me neither, we will all destroy ourselfes eventually. I just hope I am short the market and livining in some small tropical country with a stable government that no one is going to bother Nuking.

Costa Rica is still 1st on my list

#39     Apr 29, 2006
  10. :)

#40     Apr 29, 2006