Better to head to Vegas...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, May 2, 2003.

1. than short this market! Sometimes the best opportunities arise from severely overbought conditions (ie. - short squeeze plays). Being long during a squeeze is one of the easiest plays for the intraday trader.

http://www.lcarb.us/arijose/soundfiles/vegas.wav

2. AllenZ

AllenZ

Yeah baby!!!!

The scene where he cals the girl like 6 times only leaving messages still makes me wet myself laughing.

Allen

3. AllenZ

AllenZ

Was anyone else caught short in the NQ when Globex went down. I have not cursed that much in a long time. I am curious as to what anyone else who was short did ith thier POS.

I will start

covered 1/2 when we opened at 16:45 @ 1114 then covered the rest this morning @1115 for a loss of -13 from my entry.

Allen

4. jessie

jessie

Covered in the pit
    Jessie

5. VOLUME

VOLUME

Did you have access to the SPY, QQQ, or DIA...in order to hedge your open positions on the NQ? Or was that not an option?

6. hedged w/ QQQ.

7. AllenZ

AllenZ

I was comfortable riding it out for the day. Had I not been able to cover some after market i would have hedged with YM ( DOW Mini ).

These market flukes happen just part of the game. I did hedge some QQQ but not nearly enough to cover my position fully. I think many were in that boat.

Allen