Better Paper: WSJ or IBD?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NJ1000, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Donkell

Donkell

Mecro

LOL

WSJ is for sheeps. If you need WSJ to help you explain stock moves, you need some serious luck as well to make any money trading.

The mass marketing cheap volume production of WSJ should be enough of a tip off to stay away from it if you expect to make any money trading.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm glad I gave you a laugh, but unlike you, I assume, don't know what's going on with all 10,000 + stock.
    So just because you can't figure out how to use the WSJ or other Business news, not wise to answer a users question and leave at that rather than take the time to post your dribble.

don

#41     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Well, it certainly wins the prize for the most embarrassing name. Imagine asking your travel agent "Yes, I'd particularly like to stay at the GAYLORD...so book me in a double room, sweetie pie".

#42     Feb 12, 2004
  3. DTK

DTK

WSJ and FT have my vote.
    CANSLIM list used to be useful to me but have used it in quite a while.

Does anyone know where to get just the list?

#43     Apr 30, 2004
  4. Ebo

Ebo

WSJ is great to wrap my morning catch.
    I prefer IBD for the bird cage!
    I used to enjoy the peach paper of FT, but I found The New York Observer work's just as well.

#44     Apr 30, 2004
  5. SteveD

SteveD

I have seen numerous times someone say "ABC is up today on a news article in the WSJ or XYZ is down from the Barron's comments".

As of yet, I have not seen a comment that "ABC is up today" based on brain dead utterances from a message board on Elite Trader.

The traders that strive to be ignorant of the news will soon be gone. The 90% failure rate is too low.

I would be willing to bet that most technical traders have absolutely no idea why a stock moves up or down. And seem to be proud of that ignorance.

And, boys and girls, that is the entire crux of trading.

Just my two cents worth

#45     Apr 30, 2004