Better Paper: WSJ or IBD?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NJ1000, Jan 30, 2004.

1. NJ1000

NJ1000

Hey guys,

I am soon going to be starting a job trading for a proprietary trading firm specilizing in NASDAQ day trading. I wanted to describe to a financial publication to read before the start of the trading day. I was wondering what some of you guys would reccomend more for me the Wall Street Journal or investors Business Daily?

2. NJ1000

NJ1000

subscribe, excuse me.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In a word, both.

4. nitro

nitro

The WSJ hands down.

nitro

5. pspr

pspr

WSJ has much better articles and information. IBD has much better technical anlaysis and statistics.

6. Mecro

Mecro

WSJ?

No way, that paper is so mass marketed to mom & pop and very opinionated. It's really for the dumb money unless you only take out the straight bare facts.

I would go with IBD. It is a higher quality paper, somewhat educational to newbies entering the market and less promoted to mom & pop.

I used to suscribe to both and got rid of WSJ very very quick. Nowdays I've been thinking of maybe subsribing to IBD again but I do not see much purpose for that anymore.

7. Neither, watch the action before the open.

8. Get both, but take the WSJ.com subscription (Barron's included) for $6 or so a month. I like it better than the paper and IMO is definitely worth it for the low cost. IBD's online subscription is much more expensive, and you might as well get the paper.

9. Aaron

Aaron

What do you like about it?

10. Go with IBD if for trading purposes. Go with WSJ if u want to sound intelligent at parties.

#10     Jan 30, 2004