Better Lives for Mexicans Cut Allure of Going North

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hoffmanw, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Economic mobility != Social mobility

#11     Jul 9, 2011
  2. I'm a hard core right wing conservative. If you want to find out what that is like spend some time in Mexico. Not many are employed, but everybody works.

If you want to clean up the world, just offer to pay 1 penny for every plastic bottle on their trashed out beaches and in 3 months the whole country would be pristine.

On this side, the problem is legalized slavery. If growers had to pay min wage to harvest, yes, you would pay $10 a gal for OJ, and most growers would go out of business, but didn't we already go through this with the cotton market?

Last I checked, if you want to retire in Mexico you need to prove you have at least $1300 a month in income.

Exxon which is my second most hated corp (second only to MON) should just shut down in the U.S. and move to Mexico.

And maybe you should too. If those dang Mexicans are taking over our country, why not just live in a country where the weather is fantastic, the food is great and all the women are beautiful?

Not to mention, it's cheap.

#12     Jul 9, 2011
  3. The fact of the matter is: economic activity will be low to modest at best for the next 5-10 yrs and the U.S taxpayer( most of whom have lost almost half their wealth thru real estate downturn and jobloss) doesn't have the money to continue paying for these ppl's healthcare and other services they avoid paying when they immigrate illegally to the U.S.

No one says we shouldn't allow immigration(both my parents are foreign born) but you have to have at least a "door" through which they have to pass through( filing papers, waiting in their home country till they get visa notification, etc), not just sneaking across whenever they fucking feel like it !!!

Could you imagine a Walmart without doors and ppl going in as they please?..... it would be total chaos!!

Plus, is it fair to those other foreigners who came in the lawful way when these illegals just cut in front of the line as if nobody were in front of them?? Gimme a fucking break !!!

#13     Jul 9, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good!

Although I can't help but wonder. When and if the situation here in the USA deteriorates to the point we're migrating south to Mexico. Will the Mexicans "close" the border?

#14     Jul 9, 2011