Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Aug 6, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. dealmaker likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

They may not have a problem with "Obama's Hawaii Estate" because Obama doesn't own any property in Hawaii?

I'd say conservatives and made up facts go hand in hand, but that would miss the fact that you also felt fine pontificating on an article you clearly didn't read (hint, it was about how ugly the house in question was). That and the fact that there are true conservatives out there who haven't lost their minds like you all with the made-up "facts" and willful ignorance and I certainly don't want to insult them since I actually hold them in high regard and await the day they vanquish folks like this from having a voice in their party.

sle and dealmaker like this.
  4. The Obamas have also purchased a second vacation home in Hawaii, which some speculate is the famous Robin Masters Estate from the 80's hit show Magnum P.I.

According to Variety, the Obamas, "might be the ultimate beneficiary of an ocean front home in Hawaii that was purchased for $8.7 million via a corporate concern controlled by financier Marty Nesbitt, a frequent golf buddy of the outgoing president. For the record, Mister Nesbitt confirmed his purchase but said that he 'did not have any partners or co-investors' and the White House denied any connection between the president and the property, which was featured in the 1980s television series Magnum P.I.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ornia-mansion-go-along-his-chase-stephens?amp
    ——————————

Ahhh yes, the old “silent partner”.
    And morons like you lap it up because you’re too stupid to figure it out

5. Sig

Sig

If insisting on something other than a rumor in an Obama hit piece makes me "stupid" I'm not sure what that makes you? You have pictures of Obama vacationing there, or ever stepping foot there, for that matter? You don't, because it's a teardown that in fact is now being torn down. When you have some kind of proof that the guy's benefitting from it in any way come let us all know, until then keep chasing your chemtrails and FEMA concentration camps while you look for the Clinton run pedophile ring in the basement of the pizza place that in fact has no basement.
    BTW, could you be bothered to read the article that's the actual topic of the post yet, or just trolling away?

TRS likes this.
  6. "As someone who owes tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt, getting paid to make fun of DeVos’s tacky seaside decor is one of few ways to both feed myself and make myself feel better."

Wayyy to go when doing an doing objective architectural review. OR NOT.

7. piezoe

piezoe

From a lifetime of observation I would say that people who have the wherewithal to live wherever they want often reveal something of their character by where and how they choose to live. Taste and manners are an inseparable part of character, and certainly taste in architecture reveals not only character, but also something of a persons family history. If a wealthy family has five or six children it would be reasonable that they might live in a large house, maybe 4 to 6000 square feet, but 22,000 square feet? And if it is old wealth, they are more likely to live away from public view than in plain sight. They may have their father's Bugatti in the third bay of the garage, but they'll be picking up groceries in a chevy lumina (late model of course). The last thing they want is to call attention to themselves. They often give anonymously to various causes and are profoundly grateful for their good fortune. The home pictured here suggests a different sort of character from the one I have described. Probably someone wakes up in this home embarrassed everyday, or they really haven't a clue.

Recommended : Fussell, Paul, "Class -- A guide through the American Status System," 202 pgs. Simon &Schuster, 1983.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Sig, TRS and Sprout like this.