BestDayTrader Q&A

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BestDayTrader, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quah,

We go through the list of trades everynight and calculate potential profit. We do not post that list because it takes too long. If you are really interested, and not just trying to bust my ^&*%s, you would go through the logs and make the decision yourself.

I believe we are the only ones out there posting actual logs from their chat room. It is meant to show you what our traders are doing. I know, I know, you are stuck on the banner. I suggest you take only 10% of what is posted on it.

Balba, if you bought at 20, it went to 20.05 and you let it go down to 19, then what are you?

#51     May 13, 2004
  2. I think you missed your calling. You'd make a great trial attorney.

#52     May 13, 2004
  3. Hello Reg!

I rarely trade listed stocks, besides the indexes. I just find that they don't move quite as well as the NASDAQ stocks. Could be a bias though, I have been working with NASDAQ stocks for 11 years now.

We used to trade AOL a bit long time ago, when it was moving nice.

Quah,

When you go to an all you can eat buffet, all the food can be potentially eaten by you, although you probably can't do it.

#53     May 13, 2004
  4. Hi Shay,

I saw in one of your chat log's that you think traders should be careful with brokers like IB etc...because of platform problems??

Is speedtrader the only broker you recommend?

Please list any other brokers you would trade with.

Thank you.

#54     May 13, 2004
  5. Shogun, first of all, welcome to ET. You will find that many ET members are very savvy with respect to how chat rooms operate, especially the bad ones. If you are one of the bad ones, then it will be brought out here. You will not be able to avoid this.

With respect to your chatroom, IMO any results that you post on your website, without clearly defined entries, stops and exits, are at the best, worthless, and at the worst, misleading. A disclaimer does not make it all ok. I could call random entries and exits and then give the 'best case scenario' for those trades and come up with similar results to yours. You really aren't doing yourself any favors by posting these 'best case scenario' trades.

IMO, you should forget about posting profit claims and open up your room for trial. If you are as good as you say, then you will get members. If your not as good as you say, then you will not. It's fairly simple. You should be able to block trialers from posting, therefor avoiding clutter. I think that unless you take this route, your chances of getting any members from ET are fairly slim.

#55     May 13, 2004
  6. traderob

traderob

Shogun,
    I was in your room last year. I decided to venture back to futures and am still trying my hand there but might rejoin your room.
    For everyone: the calls are momentum breakouts - you either make it or you don't. I liked the tiny stops - suits my character. Most of the shorts I missed because of the uptick rule or because my broker didn't have the stock shortable.
    After a month I was profitable - but not by much. However I have learned much about execution since then and would do better now.

#56     May 13, 2004
  7. Quah

Quah

It's unfortunate that you think I'm only trying to bust your balls - I'm giving you the opportunity to simply answer the questions that I know everyone here has - in an intelligent fashion without this turing into a flame-fest which usually ends up with no real answers.

In fact, I have gone through your log looking for these trades, and as I stated above I'm having trouble matching the log to the 39 trades shown in the table of potential profits. I asked you to help me by showing me a couple of the trades in the log, but you didn't answer. Not sure what else I can do.

I also asked you what would the required buying power be in order to make all the trades on any given day - but you didn't answer that either. Since you have a list of all the trades on 5/10 - can't you quickly figure out the buying power required?

Again, probably can't and impossible are 2 different things. You say that it was impossible to make all the trades - you didn't say it was improbable, yet possible.

#57     May 13, 2004
  8. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. But the buffet doesn't advertise that you can potentially eat 2 tons of food at one sitting either!

#58     May 13, 2004
  9. Hey Roberk,

Glad to hear from you!

Futures are a tough game, watch yourself.

As far as the uptick rule, things have changed lately. Some ECNs allow shorts on a down tick.

What broker were you using? Some have horrible short lists, some are great.

#59     May 13, 2004
  10. reg

reg

Hehehehe........:)

#60     May 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.