BestDayTrader Q&A

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BestDayTrader, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Trapper,

Think about it this way: Most guys trade 1-3 stocks at a time. Average stock price of about $25, assume 1000 shares each, means that a normal day trading account fo $25k or more is sufficient.

Whether a trader eats sardines or caviar is up to them and thei discipline. The size of their portion depends on the size of their trade of course. A very big trader can also be a very bad trader and eat lots of sardines:)

I have guys that trade 200 share trades that are very consistently profitable, making good money.

In regards to the Swing Trading, sure, there is a trade by trade history on the site.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

#41     May 13, 2004
  2. Quah

Quah

Balda - Trapper makes the relevant point here - account size. The account size needed to simulataneously hold the entire days open position is probably enormous - but let's ask and find out -

Shogun-Trader, with regard to your potential profit amounts - what would the average account size need to be in order to have the buying power needed to hold all of the positions needed to realize the total potential profit?

#42     May 13, 2004
  3. Hey Quah,

As I have explaind before, we do not call exits for our guys, we teach them how to exit themselves. Again, this is not a money management service, we don't trade for clients, we help them trade for themselves.

Fish for a man, feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish, feed him for life. We show people how to fish.

Thanks dafugginman:)

Quah, our traders are able to pull out between 1% and 5% on their risk capital per day, regardless fo account size. It is impossible for them to trade all of the trades on our buffet. They have to be satisfied with ONLY 1%-5% per day:)

#43     May 13, 2004
  4. Thats fine. But if the coach cannot produce a track record of his/her own personal account then they are worthless to me. Good luck.

#44     May 13, 2004
  5. Quah

Quah

Shogun-Trader -

I'm not really interested in what your traders do and don't do - that's why I preface my questions with "With regard to your potential profits amount...".

I'm asking you questions that pertain to how you calculated the potential profits amount that you show on you website and on the banner ad.

On your website you have a table of each days potential trades - the number of trades and the potential profits from those trades. In order to have that, you must know what those trades were - and thus you must know how much buying power would have been required for someone who wanted to take each trade and actually realize that profit. No?

HJow much buying power (on average) is required to actually take all of the trades that you show in your table? Simple question, I think.

#45     May 13, 2004
  6. Trapper

Trapper

Thanks for your replies.

Best regards,

Trapper

#46     May 13, 2004
  7. Quah

Quah

Also - You seem to offer your chat log as "evidence" of the potential trades ( in the table) - I'm trying to match the info in the table to the actual chat log.

For example, on 5/10 the table says there were 39 calls that made a total of $20,910. I'd like to see what those calls were - what the trades were - you must have exits in order to come up with the $20,910.

Don't you simply have a list of the 39 trades - entry and exit - that you used to come up with that $20,910 number?

#47     May 13, 2004
  8. balda

balda

I buy a XYZ stock at $20.00 it goes up 5 cents and down one dollar so I say I took 20% of the profit which is 1 cent.

Shogan is a businessman not a trader.

#48     May 13, 2004
  9. reg

reg

Shogun,

I glanced at your logs and noticed that all the trades were for OTC stocks. Will you include listed stocks in your chatroom?
    Thanks.

#49     May 13, 2004
  10. Quah

Quah

One final observation and then I'll let you answer the outstanding questions -

Aren't the words "impossible" and "potential" mutually exclusive? If it is impossible to take all the trades on the buffet, then the potential is not really there, is it?

#50     May 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.