BestDayTrader Q & A thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SProbability, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who closed the thread & WHY?

Is it now wrong to ask polite legitimate questions of advertisers?

Granted BestDayTrader have changed their banner, but one of the benefits of ET is that it enables inexperienced but conscientious traders learn from those that are willing to teach - be it for free or at a cost.

I read the Q & A thread with interest & have been waiting patiently for Shay & Karen to answer the questions that were put to them? Unfortunately, they have not been afforded the opportunity to do so. But even worse, many newbies still do not know if BestDayTrader is for real or not!

There was a bit of flaming from both sides - but nothing that we haven't seen far worse of on this site, so I ask again - Who closed the BestDayTrader Q & A thread & WHY?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I closed the last thread because it wasn't going anywhere. From talking with BDT, they said they have no intention of offering a free trial, so there's no need to discuss that for 50 more pages. That's a business decision that they have made so we have to acknowledge that and move on.

Regarding how they calculate results, BDT has already stated that they prefer to answer that question and others like that via email.

I don't know for sure how they calculate results, but to me it's pretty obvious. They make calls and then go back and see how those calls played out in their best-case exit points, therefore indicating the best possible results that could have happened. I'm sure you could go back and calculate those same trades under worst-case exit points and come up with a result dramatically in the negative. I remember participating in a room back in the late 90s where a call would be made and there would be members who made good money on it, and other members who lost money on the same call. Why? Because each person held the trade for a different amount of time before actually exiting the trade. Some would hold for a few minutes, and some for several days.

So from that perspective, any stated results from an advisory service that doesn't call exit points on every trade are really irrelevant. It all boils down to whether you are serious enough, and willing enough, to buy one of their products or pay for a month of their service to see if you can learn anything or improve your trading results. If you are, then give it a shot and let us know how it works out. If not, then that's ok too.

I appreciate BDT being a sponsor of this site and I also think it was brave of them to start a thread on questions about their service.

Although some members comments (now deleted) were way too abrasive IMO, I applaud our member base in general for asking the tough questions, because ultimately it promotes vendor transparency and forthrightness, which is a good thing.

3. Those BDT threads dissappear fast! I was reading one where merco(?) posted an email exchage between himself and BDT about a free trial. I was going to finish, and now it is gone?

:confused:

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Private messages between any members are not to be posted publicly in threads. I don't think anyone wants to see their private communications between themselves and another member posted publicy. We might as well trash the whole PM system if we are going to allow it to be undermined like that.

5. Baron, I hate that this might cause you advertising money, but in the future maybe you should tell potential sponsors to do the following:

1.) Do not make outrageous claims - like 90% win rate and $15K+++ per day.
    2.) Do not start a thread on ET until you get the "lay of the land" (especially if you have made outrageous claims).
    3.) Do not ignore or be rude to people asking questions. And, do not dismiss them.

Seriously, I know it might have gotten out of hand from some of the ET'ers, but the responses from BDT were no better. They clearly have not studied Business 101.

6. Got it - I did not realize what that was. Thanks!

7. Clients are well taken care of:)

From this morning:

[10:24] <vodo> wtf ??... sina +0,4 xlnx +0,3 ... symc + 0,24 ... sina + 0,15 . ... 2 sinas ... caus I entered 2 calls...

[10:50] <ht1290> sina+1, rimm+2.4, brcm+.8; should fuel the searay for awhile!

[10:37] <vodo> + 2,25 pts .... I'm out... thanks Shay !

[10:37] <barnes> +4 pts today

[10:13] <robinson> got the market for 5 pts today!!

I guess we did ok:)

8. kernan

kernan

OK. I expect you to be fair and post anything negative said in the chatroom also.

And, why not post from another morning when the market is NOT strong from the open?

I have a book called Marketing for Dummies. If you give me a mailing address, I will send it to you. This is not how you recover from the damage you have done to yourself over the past few days.

And, why all the posting during market hours? I thought you dismissed those of us who did that as not being "real" traders.

9. Kernan,

Please go to:http://www.bestdaytrader.com/dayperformance.php

You will find: "Important notice - These figures represent total potential profit for the day, not actual trading. Most of our traders are able to capture a good portion of what is available, but it is always a good idea to know what the potential is. A good trader with skills learned in our chat room should be able to make 2%-5% per day on their account. Use this data for educational purposes only."

It is placed right smack in the middle top, very visible and highlighted.

10. Here's what I wrote last night, regarding the email I sent to BDT:

I finally received a response from Shay at 11:37pm, in which he answered my questions. I may have jumped the gun in my previous post, so I want to apologize for that. I agreed not to make the message public, but will say that I'm satisfied with his reply. I will say that I am far from having the capital required to replicate his results, and leave it at that.

Much like the TraderBrad debacle, I find myself spending way too much time and mental energy on this thread. I'm moving on to bigger and better things, and look forward to seeing you all there.

#10     May 19, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.