Best

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Swipe, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Swipe

Swipe

Cheap intra and daily charts for the dow mini the ymm3?

Which package is good for this? I have IB but I think I want the back fill info too.

2. Mytrack +sierra/aiqtep/amibroker

3. Does a mechanic use cheap tools?

Does a technician use cheap tools?

Your question should center around efficiency first and value second....not cheap.....you are doomed to fail unless you change your attitude and get serious and treat this like a business.

Michael B.

4. mixer

mixer

Im interested too

how about inexpensive tools?

I agreee with you, but Realtick at $300 is really not that much of a value, is it? Are there not other platforms that offer just as much if not more for less?

5. When you bought your first car ever, could immediately afford Mercedes?

Cheap software/data vendors are necessary for those who want to start from scratch, don't have a lot of money and can begin to develop strategies without even putting real money.

Moreover, nowadays, there are some cheap but quality software.

6. Realtick is the most reliable datafeed I have used.

The best value would be e-signal as a datafeed used together with a stand-alone charting program such as Investor R/T, Ensign or Wealth Lab.

Michael B.

7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I agree. A lot of traders think that spending a lot of money on datafeeds and software will improve their results, but if their results need improving, they'd be better off working on themselves.

I use IB and Sierra. Cost? $80/yr. Does everything I want it to do.

--Db

8. Your comparison is not valid and a novice response.

To trade futures is to graduate to a more leveraged environment. To do this...you need to track every tick and count its value ...compared to the trivial cost of your tools.

The point is...... If I were to gain just 1 tick per trade...this would offset any difference in the extra cost to obtain it.

Michael B.

9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That depends on the strategy you're using. If you're trading trends, a tick or two is irrelevant.

--Db

10. Track every tick? Not sure about that. What you need is just a good trading plan.

I have used cqg at 600/mth and mytrack+aiq at 100/mth and my performance is basically the same.

#10     Mar 26, 2003