BEST YM 1 Minute Chart Daytrading System

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Dec 7, 2007.

1. thanks Mark...I'm not some "troll" wanting to waste time...just asking questions...honest questions...thanks again Mark...you have been very helpful...

#31     Dec 10, 2007
  2. also, I AM NOT looking for some 'holy grail'...not at all...just trading ideas based on others exerience and insight...it would kind of be like if I were talking to you over a 'cup of coffee'...relax...all is cool...chillin...

#32     Dec 10, 2007
  3. #33     Dec 10, 2007
  4. trendo

trendo

Question for cd23:
    How much of the daily range of your chosen instrument(s) do you typically capture?

#34     Dec 10, 2007
  5. huge short day yesterday for YM traders!..buy dip today.

#35     Dec 12, 2007
  6. The YM was down about 300 points yesterday... and today you state that it was a huge short day....

#36     Dec 12, 2007
  7. uh yea, like stating the Patriots won on sunday and yesterday it rained...just stating a fact...no trick statements here..

#37     Dec 12, 2007
  8. cd23

cd23

For equities, a steady 10% over 3 to 4 days. doubling is less than forty days but there is a limit of 100,000 shares per stream of capital.

I use the leverage of ES where capital is about 500 bucks a contract. The daily range (H-L) is what I use to measure the captures of 20 to 40 trades on a typical day. I shoot for about 50% of the potential as measured by the crayola test or as stated by MAK (6 times the (H-L).

As a trader for 50 years, when trading manually, I am on "automatic" which is sometimes referred to as sports memory trading. You may say it is equivalent to driving a car in heavy fast trafic or like, if you do, piloting a glider in turbulance. It is not something you think about; you just do it. what I see and act on would take four verbal passes talking alout at about the the rate of a journalistic broadcaster in the real time available to "talk" it. these are measured values devirved from topical mentoring markets in the presnet of several minutes ahead of the market forming.

None of this is in any way real to you or others. I understand that but you did ask and I am just trying to answer your questions. Think of me as posting like silvermotion who is telling it like it is to increasenow. He has no chance of learning to trade, ever. On the other hand I do trade and I will be 75 in January; my birthday will take place in Antarctica. If increasenow were to take the 20 day trip with me and do the cup of coffee thing he mentions, he would still never be able to trade. A person has to be able to not be in denial first of all and secondly, he needs to understand what isn't gibberish.

I do not believe in teaching; it is not possible. The only thing it is possible is to support the learning of others. I have done that for 50 years and the first millionaire who learned came into being in 1960. On average 4 out of 5 people have rejected my views. THe others are wealthy or on the way to wealth. This is a measure of what is what; it is called the bottom line.

The above is unbelievable and astonishing to others. Thats the way it is for them. Its their choice.

This post is long becuase the question always generates a lot of flack from people who have proven otherwise to themselves by their choices and lack of purposeful learning. It will always be that way.

#38     Dec 12, 2007
  9. I do trade and will be VERY succesful at it...VERY!...I do appreicate the very encouraging posters on this site...the best trading to you Sir...I would do the cup of coffee with you...

#39     Dec 12, 2007
  10. cd23

cd23

We leave from Santiago (SCL) on the 10th and arrive in Beunos Aires (EZE) on the 28th. Spend a few profits and see the world.

Encouragement has nothing to do with learning to do trading.

#40     Dec 12, 2007