Best wireless router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by volente_00, Mar 25, 2009.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Current linksys wireless router is acting up.

What do you guys recommend as a replacement?

2. gnome

gnome

Neweggers like Linksys WRT54GL

3. I would have to go with the D-Link DIR-655. I have it and it blows away any Belkin, Netgear, or Linksys I have ever owned.

4. GTS

GTS

5. volente_00

volente_00

6. volente_00

volente_00

I have the wrt55ag now and it is 4 years old and although it has been pretty stable, the signal strength is not great even with the laptop in the same room. Currently it will just out of the blue lose signal on both the wired and wireless side and all the green lights starts flashing red or orange. I tried new cables and it still does it randomly. When I bypass it all togther the internet works perfect but when going through the router it randomly acts up.

7. GTS

GTS

8. volente_00

volente_00

I've heard good things about this one. Currently my card will only support up to g, so to get full speed I will also need a new wireless N card. How are their notebook wireless N cards ?

9. I've been using a Linksys WRT54G for the past 3 years. Didn't use wireless until last night when I hooked up the wife's new Mac Mini. Her art studio is on the other end of the house....full power wireless G network connection. FWIW

#10     Mar 26, 2009