Best Way to Use Elite Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JRL, Feb 9, 2010.

1. JRL

JRL

Hi Folks,

Love this forum, love all the content and activity, but there is a ton of it.

How do you all manage to use ET without a severe case of information overload?

2. You filter out the 98% which is crapola.

3. Read only what is related to your specific areas of your trading. Everything else that you read...it's entertainment purposes only.

Also, save links in your browser to your favorite threads. Makes it easier to get to the point when you return to ET to read the latest info.

Mark

4. GG1972

GG1972

if you put Limitupmike and traderzones on ignore that generally takes care of 99% posts on these forums

5. I find 90% to be basura, 5% is good entertainment, if you are lucky 5% useful in some way!

6. Subscribe to whatever interests you and then you can get emails when there are updates to that particular thread. If you get 2 or 3 emails where people start to argue, might as well unsubscribe and move on because it's going to degenerate in to a sissy fight in cyberspace.
    If, on the other hand, you find the concept of two adults arguing, calling each other retarded and insulting their lineage, or (even more hilarious) posturing like they might throw down, then you are in for a treat with a capital "T", because in many cases it turns in to the Jerry Springer show of the cyber-trading world.

7. 1. What is "basura"?

2. Those looking to ET for "gems of trading wisdom" are will find it's like mining... "grind up 100 tons of rock to find 1 gram of gold"... trouble is, most ETers "can't tell gold from pyrite"..

8. 4tenTrader

4tenTrader Guest

I find people who know what they are talking about (red_ink, lescor, dustin, szeven, etc.). I search their names and go through all of their previous posts. In most cases you'll find they participated in the best threads worth reading.

9. Trash, in Spanish

10. You can just subscribe to topics you're interested in and you think important. That way you don't need to read the others, it'll save you time.

#10     Feb 13, 2010