Best way to start trading Futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by paulr, Jan 15, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

#21     Jan 16, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Only if you're doing it incorrectly. Working out a plan with real money applies the wrong sort of pressure, regardless of the size of the trade.

--Db

#22     Jan 16, 2003
  3. paulr

paulr

#23     Jan 16, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I've spent time in three of them. Of those, I'd recommend Teresa's most highly.

--Db

#24     Jan 16, 2003
  5. josbarr

josbarr

https://www.lbrgroup.com

Check and see if she still has it free on the first Friday of the month.

#25     Jan 16, 2003
  6. cheeks

cheeks

I disagree. However, I will not argue the point. The mental aspect is definitely the key. The reason I suggested that paul paper trade the contract is just based on my own experience with it . To me the mini's move erratically than stocks. I tend to get shaken out of positions because my stops are too tight. Since Paul has experience daytrading, I was just suggesting paper trading just to get the feel for it.

I do agree COMPLETELY, with trading a 1 lot to start.

#26     Jan 16, 2003
  7. I agree with you, but Trade on one of the Real-time simulators.
    All of the ISV have them now. You can set stops and everything. Find out how paper reacts and how the market moves without risking capital. Trade 1 lots! Trade exactly what you would start with on a live system.

#27     Jan 16, 2003
  8. paur

Ive been in Linda's room several times. I was assuming, perhaps incorrectly that you wanted to trade commodities too. She trades them all and is very good at it. I am sure there are a number of people in that room making good money trading off her calls. There are usually only one or two calls a day on the spuds. She trades the bonds, gold, silver, you name it. My problem was my account was too small to trade her calls correctly.

#28     Jan 16, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This is not directed toward easyrider per se, but it helps, before signing up for one of these rooms, to decide just what it is you want from it, since various traders will have varying goals. The better gurus will go to great lengths to teach you how to trade, i.e., how to be a competent trader. They will also make "calls" during the day on which you may or may choose to act (other gurus will do nothing other than make the calls).

Therefore, if you're interested in learning how to become a trader, or a better trader, but you don't intend to get sucked into following calls that you feel may be coming too early in your training, you're going to want somebody who explains things and who is available for questions.

On the other hand, if you're interested primarily in calls and don't care all that much about continuing education, you're going to want somebody who provides you with those calls and who is accurate in those calls.

All of this you should know within a few days.

So, when asking people what they think about so-and-so, be specific about what you're looking for. That way, if you're looking for education, for example, and somebody says that whoever is useless (because all he/she does is talk), you may be getting a false impression and missing out on a real opportunity.

--Db

#29     Jan 16, 2003
  10. want to check out another site....
    www.tactrade.com a professional trader that actually trades in realtime! Sorry, a nonsignal type of service geared towards learning, although you will see the trades a little after the fact.
    Plus some very good training on site.

I rate it 4 stars and two thumbs up.

#30     Jan 16, 2003