Best way to start career?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 892king, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mecro

Mecro

Try reading comprehension, noone doubted that. But once he started showing his true colors, it's suspect he is full of it. Just like he promised to never post again and comes right back.

Yeah, just like almost noone on ET loses money and half the people are on their yachts trading on a laptop.
    Yawn!

#31     Oct 1, 2008
  2. Mecro there are independant 3rd party sites that track the results in SNG's and cash games at higher limits, those are some verified graphs that will blow your mind.

Its hard to believe until you've been involved in the game, but you can make sick amounts of money at poker with very little variance long term.

In the online world everybody knows everybody and we all play in the same games, and trust me those results in those threads are 100% legit. It actually kind of makes the P+L thread here look kind of weak sometimes.

#32     Oct 1, 2008
  3. Poker is legit, but the reason the transition from poker to trading is not as easy as vice versa... there is a lot of transparency in poker in terms of theory and generally accepted concepts. People will shares tactics and discuss hands. In trading, styles vary so much and strategies are closely guarded secrets. It takes years to stumble your way into profitability, and when you become profitable you will not share your success with some two bit piker. The poker world might have enough money to go around, but here every person running around with the same edge as you is taking your money. Everyone has to pay their dues.

#33     Oct 2, 2008
  4. thats, by far, the best explanation ive seen. i started very similiar but not as relaxed and minus reading trading books.

#34     Oct 2, 2008
  5. abc1

abc1

These are indicators surely!

#35     Oct 3, 2008
  6. Ok. I"ll bite. You write and spell like a high school drop out, not someone at a good school like CMU. I doubt you would have gotten past the essay for admittance to CMU. But if you are truly serious, which I doubt, I would recommend the first thing to do is learn to write, finish school and save as much as you can while in school. Enjoy your time with little responsibility as much as you can. Start educating yourself so when you graduate, you will have a nice nest egg, will have had a lot of fun and can devote some time to learning to trade. Trading is like poker in that it is also pretty consuming. If you don't want to devote yourself to trading and just want to dabble while working a real job, DON'T trade. Because those who are serious and devoted to trading will quickly take your money.

Good Luck. You will need it.

BM

#36     Oct 6, 2008