Best way to start career?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 892king, Sep 26, 2008.

1. LOL

Ok kid whatever you say. HAHA

Your a millionaire poker player, and you and all your other cyber mates all post on your forums all the millions of quid youve earnt each week. :p :D

#21     Sep 28, 2008
  2. 892king

892king

We now know why u suck at poker

I didn't see ferrari but saw many bimmer, mercedes, audi...

I stopped reading after this point.
    Thank you for trolling.

#22     Sep 28, 2008
  3. cipher4d

cipher4d

You never really answered my question so I am just going to suggest you read more or join a prop firm or keep playing poker. Cheers

#23     Sep 29, 2008
  4. abc1

abc1

FX is about as volatile as you can get!

#24     Oct 1, 2008
  5. Mecro

Mecro

You're kidding right? Wow, the stupidity of the younger generation increases two-fold every 10 years.

Look kid, I know a real poker player, who is now in Vegas, and the REAL poker world is not fun & games & riches. This is someone who now places in tournaments and takes home 100k+ prizes. What the imaginary poker stars of the message boards won't tell you about is the player's bank which needs to be grown if you step up and the losses which do and will happen. And the occasional stick ups, which do still happen.

#25     Oct 1, 2008
  6. 892king

892king

sigh... I'm sick and tired of those people and this is my last post about this thread...
    Yeah yeah yeah u know somebody who live in "VEGAS" so you should know about poker better than me.
    The only reason I put that site is because it's the biggest online poker forum. What else can I do to give that moron some hint?
    I never said being a poker player is lucrative and fun: I said it consumes life instead. Just ask him, or visit Vegas. you will be dazzled by how many young kids who are definitely not trust-fund kids are carrying all that cashes and dominating poker tables... Yeah, they are rare. But there are over 1K under 20 who make over 100K annually. Please just do some serious research before just putting those posts...

#26     Oct 1, 2008
  7. Mecro

Mecro

Hahahaha! Meanwhile you are the one getting your info from a message boards, and then posting it as proof about something like earnings of college kid poker players.

Get real, kid, you are clueless. My friend is someone I know personally, who lived in Brooklyn for years before making the move to Vegas. My best friend actually dealt his cash games, which were based on a certain trust fund kid coming, so that the pros could milk him.

We knew how much money he made and saw his growth as a poker player. It's not BMW, Benzes and Ferrarris, the real lifestyle of SUCCESSFUL up & coming poker players is not like MTV Cribs.

My guess is that you're mostly full of sh*t, so good riddance to you.

#27     Oct 1, 2008
  8. Well I must say you guys really don't know much about the online poker world if you have a hard time believing OP has 20k and can make what he says at poker. I personally made 60k a year for 3 years on a 5k bankroll, and I make 6 figures now with just a little more, playing like 20 hours a week at small stakes.

Go to 2plus2 and read the monthly result threads in the Beats,Brags,Variance section, it will be an eye opener.

There are kids that average 30k a month, and have done so for years.

But OP is right, poker does consume you. I too am making the transition to trading even though it will be a huge pay cut for a while.

However, medium to big traders make way more than top poker players, so the ceiling is higher.

To OP, my advice is take it slow. Manage your trading money much tighter than your poker bankroll. Try to never lose more than 1% of your account on a trade. I recommend getting into stocks before anything else, because you can trade smaller. Get in there and make tons of trades and learn how things work. Avoid indicators, focus on support, resistance, and trend.

GL!

#28     Oct 1, 2008
  9. IT professional at investment banks and hedge funds pays pretty well, gets the bonuses and is more secure than trying to be a trader or analyst for them.

But the hours are long at most financial institutions no matter what you do. Think 11 hours daily. But a lot of people there also BS away a lot of the day - IM-ing, breaks, conversations. They need to put on the appearance...

Those jobs are being automated away by algorithmic (system) trading.

#29     Oct 1, 2008
  10. 892king

892king

Thank god that I finally got someone who knows something and it's good to see someone has similar thought. I saw some people who have transitioned from stox to poker, but never saw anyone do vice versa.(well, I heard strassa2 guy got a job in wall st. but I don't personally know him).

Anyway thank you for your advice...

#30     Oct 1, 2008