Best way to start career?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by 892king, Sep 26, 2008.

1. what is your major?

#11     Sep 27, 2008

2. LOL

#12     Sep 27, 2008
  3. K look im sorry that this won't be the answer you want to hear mate, but this is the actual answer that you will look back on in 5years time and wish you had followed...

Im not sure how honest you are being about your poker earnings, or about having £20,000 just sitting there in a big pile of cash while your at uni doing some degree.

I personally think its more likely you have a loan of £15 t 20k from the bank for your living expenses and stuff while at uni, which you will then have to pay back, so you canoot afford to lose this.
    As im sorry to tell you this but there arent many financial jobs going that you can jst get when you finish uni.

And in regards to you earning an easy £5,000 per month from poker... LOL

Ive played poker before, just amateur low level money with a few quid end pot max, and yet ive seen guys losing £40 - £70 per night in just a few hours, with pots that start at 10p and 25p blinds!!
    So for someone to have £20,000 of loan money 'that they cant in relaity actually afford to lose', and be on a comfortable salary of £60,000 per year just does sound rather far fetched.. :p :D :cool: lol

But at the end of the day im not here to investiage how ever much money you may or may not be making mate.

But in regards to starting to make some more quick money by trading....,
    Just don't try doing it mate, as im sorry but you will lose all your money alot faster that any poker player could even fleece you.

German trader made it sound so sooo easy about just doing some research, looking at a few charts, and then you can start by making £25 per day. lol

And once you are skilled and experienced it does become very easy to make money trading.
    However it takes from 1year upto many many many years before the trader has gain all the expeinece of trading to be able to do that.

You start with £1,000 and think your gna earn £25+ per day consistently by risking tiny abouts of money then you will lose every single penny you have.

Even if you doing a very low volatility safe market such as an fx pair, doing it at just £1 per pip with a stoploss of just 15pips, you have 4 bad trades and you have just lost £60, and now you only have £940, and need to make £60 more just to break even..

a couple more bad trades, even if you get the odd good one, and you will just be giving away your cash.

#13     Sep 27, 2008
  4. 892king

892king

I'm biz major and planning to major computational finance(financial engineering). I'm at Carnegie Mellon University btw

#14     Sep 28, 2008
  5. Surdo

Surdo

If you can make $5-10K/ month playing poker, then don't waste your time trading.

#15     Sep 28, 2008
  6. 892king

892king

Well I think I was kinda vague. I'm just planning to get a job at financial industry. I don't know what I will do exactly, but I thought that doing trading will help me understanding how financial industry moves since my money is in there I will be interested in the market.

And yes, I can make way more by playing poker than trading. But playing poker consumes life... You won't understand if you haven't played poker hardcore. Some people are happy w/ that kinda life and money it brings, but I'm not. I want to do something else and never considered to be a pro poker player.
    Well, I think my current life is better than many other college kids since I can spend all that money to do whatever I want. But it won't be same after ten years. 5K is nice money for college student, but not for 30yr salary man. I feel like that I don't know anything about how wall street moves unlike my friends and it made me insecure since they are whom I need to compete with in few years... That's why I want to do something related to financial market...

#16     Sep 28, 2008
  7. 892king

892king

Well, thank you for your response first. However, if you get into poker world, you will find out how many college kids are making 100K+ annually, or monthly. Yes, there are way more people who lose money, but isn't it same in trading world? My 20K isn't living expense. I don't want to lose it easily, but I'm willing to risk that. I know it's pretty risky, but making or losing 20 bucks daily might not make me deal trading seriously...
    Thank you anyway...

#17     Sep 28, 2008
  8. Mate 1st you got to start being honest with yourself before you even start asking people on here for help. lol

#18     Sep 28, 2008
  9. 892king

892king

I just wanna lol at u. I don't know there's troll like u also exist in this kinda forum. Your poorness has nothing to do w/ me making money. Hope 89 in ur ID doesn't mean u r born at 1989... Just visit www.twoplustwo.com and read some threads on some forum. Then realize how 'real' poker world looks like....

#19     Sep 28, 2008

10. LOL

Mate trading and poker are nothing alike.

Poker is pure gambling, and at the end of the day no matter how many decades the guys played poker for, how many medals hes won in tournaments, how rich he is, each had, each game just comes down to luck at the end of the day not skill.

These 1,000s of college student who are millionaire poker players-
    You met any of them face to face and seen their luxkur houses and ferraris??
    Honestly??

Nope. :D

Because just like on here, on every poker forum every other guy is a millionaire!! LOL
    Behind my screen i can admit to being fuking Bin Laden if want, and you cant 'disprove it' can you??? :D

To get to this level of £10,000s per month, each month from poker, they would need to start with £10,000s, and enevr ever have even medium losses from that.
    Im 18 mate, and so i know taht at 18 no-one has taht much money just there, or has any way of accessing it.

And if they were already actually on a salary of 100k+ per year why on earth would they waste their time going to uni and having to write 10000s words of dull ointless essays, just to eventually get a job that will pay less than half their current salary?? LOL

I would stay and continue this converstation with you for the mild humour of it, but im tired and so gna instead go to sleep.

Me and the other experienced traders coem on here and spend out time helping out new and strugglng traders, who are honest about their situations, and actually want to get learn how to trade as they love the markets and so they want to start learning how to be part of it.

You however don't actually really have any passion or interest of the markets at all.

And you dont actually want anyones help with learning how to trade, as you and i both know you never ever have any intention of even signing up for a virtual traidng account.. LOL :D :p

Your main reason on coming on here is basically to just pretend that you are a millionaire poker player whos doing a uni degree even though hes already on a 100k+ salary, and that your actively seeking a pay cut since the cash your making from poker doesn't feel as nice as the cash you would get when trading! :D lol

#20     Sep 28, 2008