Best Way to pass the time? while trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mark2m, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Mark2m

Mark2m

Can anyone help? spending most of the day in front of 5 screens, and need diversion when market is slow. I stopped trading ES, no need at my age for additional brain damage, therefore no need to stay on top of positions on one minute charts. All I want is perhaps a chat group, or radio show to spend the time, get informed and background noise. In the past utilized CNBC but lackluster eye candy these day's, and just want the usual noise but with less commercials. Used to listen to Day Trader Radio, good music, minimal information for non paying subscribers, but now mainly dead time and constant spewing of the holy grail of stochastics. On that note I would rather watch Will and Grace or Judge Judy.
    Any advice for a retired individual that has been trading for quite a few years, something to help pass the time. I guess I could hang on these forums or surf the web, but gets old rather quickly. No I cannot play poker online, and have flown most of the WW2 airplanes to keep the world safe for democracy and the Kardashians. See I am already losing my mind.

2. Josef K

Josef K

Get into endless arguments with marketsurfer.

Or maybe not.

3. Watch shows on Hulu or Netflix.
    Sometimes being in front of the computer itself is a source of stress since the obsessive compulsive desire (and perhaps necessity) to see the next price quote. In that case, turn off the computer and listen to the radio. Get a portable Sony Walkman.
    Excessive stress can indeed cause brain damage, specifically to the hippocampal memory cells. That's why my memory is terrible.
    Trading the ES is very stressful, imo:confused: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    You can also engage in the lost art of reading a book.

4. Mark2m

Mark2m

Actually I read three novels per week on the tablet. Unfortunately, cannot just read in front of the computer, tend to work out on stationary bike one hour prior to market, and one hour after market. Have surfed the web thru the usual's , Zero Edge, Business Insider, Mish, Alpha, and the rest, and haven't tried movies.
    My trading style is rather simplistic with scanning for opportunities, but mainly visuals overlooking 30 charts/3 minutes and averaging 12 round trips per day over 5 accounts. So I do need to stay awake, I may just go back to music.

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yoga, exercise, gardening, online multi-player chess, simple home renovation projects or find a horny sex mate. Designate a different activity per day to prevent the routine from getting old.

6. Learn to trader; you are not too old.

7. If you got time to lean, then you got time to clean.

8. Josef K

Josef K

Study a foreign language, practice playing guitar, research the markets, exercise, meditate, whatever it is that you'd like to do and could do while still keeping an eye on your charts.