Best way to learn Easylanguage?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by JWest0926, May 18, 2003.

1. JWest0926, send me a PM or check my profile for my site and e-mail to discuss. if you can dedicate the time to programming, turing your strategies into profitable systems can work - it just takes time and patience!

#11     May 21, 2003
  2. The earlier posts that recommended hands on experience are dead on. I DID NOT come from a strong programming background (unless of course you include LOGO and BASIC on the Apple IIe in the "strong program languages" list). However, I would consider myself almost fluent in Easylanguage and have been able to program some fairly complex ideas.

Just try to code things, download the manual (which should tell you almost everything you need to know), post on Tradestationworld.com if you have any questions, and read examples of other people's code and try to understand it. You can even start by opening up the pre-canned strategies that TS comes with and try and understand what is going on there. Get used to using the searchabel "help" file for easylanguage...and maybe even download a desktop version (if they still offer this).

Good luck!

#12     May 21, 2003
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I have all the books, the ones that come with the software are the best. Download the technical reference manual for EZ Language and you will never have very many questions about coding. There is an "Ask Mr. Easy Language" yahoo discussion where you can post questions.

Later

Max

#13     May 21, 2003
  4. whats the easiest way to get access to a TS account free, lol.

And can you direct me to that yahoo board perhaps?

I'm attempting to pick up a copy of Conway's book for $40.

Thanks all, I'm already through 100 pgs of TS intro to easylanguage!

JWest

#14     May 21, 2003
  5. FinStat

FinStat

agree with some previous posts. have an idea you wish to code and use the online materials provided by trade station. you will likely be pleased with the results.

#15     May 21, 2003
  6. I echo others. There is tremendous help at the ts world forum.

#16     May 21, 2003