Best Way to Get Started!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Baker_Trader, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Agree with the above statement 100%. The markets will be here and so will day trading. Don't be in too much of a hurry. Start trading a simulated account now to get a feel for it, but understand that trading real money is a different game.

If you can find a mentor do it. Otherwise, try to concentrate on keeping those losses really small until they start becoming profits. I know, lame statement, but it is so valid.

Jay

#11     Feb 12, 2003
  2. tyrone

tyrone

Is there any other occupation where the participants continue to reinvent the wheel?

#12     Feb 14, 2003
  3. Don't be so sure : there are projects to eliminate daytrading because of excessive volatility and only authorise fixing once a day. Of course if they do so it would be only for common people not for the big boys from Goldman Sachs :D Perhaps PDT is only the first step to eliminate common traders. Technical Analysis practice seems also to annoy the officials. Happily CTFC has just lost a trial against Taucher the elliotician guy who made 1 million $ from 10000$ in six months.

#13     Feb 17, 2003
  4. flier6

flier6

Bobcathy,

I've wasted a lot of time trying to learn "methods" that don't seem to work and I'm just floundering. I'm not even to the point where paper trading would be useful because I don't have anything to practice.

Can you offer me any advice on how to find a method that works? I'm willing to put in the time and effort requried if I'm convinced that the method is viable.

Thanks

#14     Feb 20, 2003