Best way to get rid of my handles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Jul 29, 2006.

1. White pimp!

My background is in Oncology, actually. Antiobiotic and alkylated chemotherapeutics. Contact inhibition, cellular immortality; P-glycoprotein {PGP} inhibition/membrane permeability... Bad, bad shit. Before that, physics.

Edit: Re: chemo -- never allow a loved-one to receive "Mitomycin" as adjuvant/palliative or combination therapy for cancer.

#61     Aug 16, 2006
  2. Many times...

At Cal State Long Beach Human performance lab....71.8

At U of Penn Olympic training camp......72.3

UCLA.......71.6

Water immersion method each time. I don't remember the others. Must have done this 10 times during an eight year period. Ancient history.

Edit:

Sorry for a moment I got the Max VO2 and body fat mixed up.
    Had that done a bunch of times too. sit in the swing. exhale all your breath..dunk you in the water.....then leisurely take your bodyfat reading while you try not to pass out.
    :D

#62     Aug 16, 2006
  3. and so youre through with being a doc? and now youre a trader.
    which do you like better, and which is mo money? if you aint shittin you should be in the next schwager book, assuming youve put down some major paper. oh yea one mo, writing options vs. directional option trading, thoughts and words of wisdom from you gladly accepted

#63     Aug 16, 2006
  4. This is an interesting idea. Of course every hunger strike needs a cause no?

I might suggest a hunger strike to protest one or more of the following:

- uptic rule
    - option cancel rules
    - exchange fees
    - CFTC restrictions on US residents trading foreign contracts
    - Bernanke

You get the idea, almost anything would work here, and we'd all be grateful. Of course you will need to call reporters and get lots of liberal bleeding heart journalists to cover your story, but that is easy enough.

#64     Aug 16, 2006
  5. I did provide a counter point smart guy. I said that you do NOT need to spend 2 hours per day in the gym, CONTRARY to what you said. That's a counter-point.

Working out and eating right is alot like trading - there are different styles for different people. There is NOT one correct style, contrary to what arb may think, and you have to find what works for you.

For me, HIT is the way to go.

Good luck!

#65     Aug 16, 2006
  6. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

Yeah, for the original-poster's goal of losing his handles, 1-hour/day of exercise is more than enough. About 5-6 hours/week of exercise incorporating various types from weight/strength workouts, HIT (intervals) to steady cardio/aerobic will be fine. This will result in a 1-lb/wk weight-loss rate without sacrificing any muscle (actually rebuilding at the same time as losing). The fat will melt away and after losing 15-20 lbs,the handles will be gone! :)

You don't have to get super technical, just burn off more than you eat. Being honest with yourself and not cheating and not making "deals" is the key. This Fitday.com site provides a great way to log your food-intake and track calories. Their free tracker lets you record your meals each day and it'll give you a total. Can also break it down into constituent components of carbs, proteins, fats, etc. Can even draw graphs!

Been watching my food, but not being anal and religious about it, combined with 7-20 hours of exercise a week, I've lost 60-lbs since 1-Jan-05. Got about 30 more to go and I'll be at my target! :)

BTW - what's the financial status of Atkins nowadays...

#66     Aug 16, 2006
  7. nitro

nitro

nitro :D

#67     Aug 16, 2006
  8. Thanks to evryine that contributed to this thread. I believe I have gotten a game plan from what I have read.

I've been priming myself for the battle. For the last 3 weeks (on vacation for half that) I have been trying to ingest the most saturated fat I can, and balance it out with heavy drinking and exercising just enough to make a sloth look like Jack Lalane.

The plan will be to detox my body over the next week, by limiting most sat fat,no dairy, nothing white. Starting next Tues. I will start the workout.

- Strength training 40 mins/day (3 on, 2 off) never doing the same body part more than 1 in 4 days.

-Abs 10 mins 3x/week

-Cardio 4-5x/week 30-40 mins. (3-4 miles)

-5 400-500 calorie meals/day, high protein low carbs

I am very disciplined in this respect and dont think there will be a prob keeping this up for 8 weeks. I will give a weigh in and honest evaluation of my "handles" on Tues. After 8 weeks, if I dont see results, its back to pizza breakfasts.

#68     Aug 16, 2006
  9. nitro

nitro

No hunger strike part of plan :confused:

nitro

#69     Aug 16, 2006
  10. Raven

Raven

So I burn 2500 calories for every 100 grams of protein eaten? 5000 cals for 200 gms? Each gram of protein provides 4 cals of energy. So every time I eat I am at a net caloric loss? The more I eat the more I lose? LOL You better go back to class.

#70     Aug 16, 2006