Best way to get rid of my handles

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Jul 29, 2006.

1. 1. I would cut back on the treadmill to 3x and increase your workout to 45 minutes (you generally need at least 20 minutes to ignite the real fat burning).

2. How many reps are you doing per muscle group? Doesn't seem like enough to me... are you breaking a sweat while you lift? One set of repetitions is not enough.

3. Even at 5'10", your weight could be reasonable at the upper end of the range. What is your body fat percentage? Either use calipers, or find a tank where you can get it measured more precisely.

#91     Aug 28, 2006
  2. Yea, at least someone is making sense. =)

Gunslinger: Up the water to at least a gallon. A 3day split will add lean mass. One set is worthless.

Day 1:

Back: reverse pec dec, good mornings, rows, deads
    Shoulders: overhead press, seated precor or hammer
    Biceps/forearms: straight bar curl, 21s, dumbbell hammer curls

Day 4:

Chest: Various bench exercises
    Triceps: [see above], weighted dips

Day 7:

Legs: ass to ground squats, sled, extensions, calf raises, etc...

Fit abs in wherever you can. 5x5 set/rep sequence is good for most.

#92     Aug 28, 2006

3. 1. Agreed, but at this point 24 mins, is my limit
    2. about 100-120 reps large muscles,,,72 reps small muscles
    3. I'd say my BF is about 12.5-15%,,,I have gotten done about 3 yrs ago, let go a little since then

#93     Aug 28, 2006
  4. I do most of those, except gmorn, deadlifts, and Im lucky to be parallel on squats

No traps or lats?

#94     Aug 28, 2006
  5. The overheads take care of the traps as a compound exercise, but you can add shrugs as well. Lats are served adequately with rows and reverse chest fly [face the machine].

Don't let ego drive your w/o. Drop the weight on the squats and go ass to ground, or as close as you can get. Hits the hams, glutes and lower back. Parallel doesn't stress the CNS. Go deep on the leg press if you cannot go ATG.

#95     Aug 29, 2006
  6. Riskarb, do you do this stuff for fun, or do you compete?
    Thats a hell of a lot of pro quality info you have, to be just pulling it out of a hat.

This is high end fitness stuff, do you really want to be giving it away to someone who gets busted in kmart for utilising emergency hair product?

:D
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74867

#96     Aug 29, 2006
  7. #97     Aug 29, 2006
  8. Well first of all, you'd have to be a real fucking idiot not to use some chalk

Second, what the hell do you need a spotter for Nancy? That was less than 300....

Third, if you're gonna use a spotter, get someone who knows how to control the damn bar, oh and by the way, a spotter who can't control 300 lbs shouldn't even be there...complete fucking idiot.

Fourth, If you can't "break" the weight once on your own, you shouldn't be trying it...

Fifth, I doubt that the person in the vid was you...but if it was, get some gloves...and a belt..

as you can tell, nothing pisses me off more than gym injuries due to stupidity....

I apologize but when I watch that video, that is what I am thinking...

Edit:

We can go on to the military press or the leg press whenever you are ready..

#98     Aug 29, 2006
  9. Good diet and routine, if a bit austere on the diet. I would look to up the protein by 50% due to the cardio frequency. I peg you at 115 grams of protein per day. That cardio routine is fairly catabolic, and you're hitting the weights frequently.

Whey protein is so quickly digested that uptake to lean muscle and repair takes a backseat to replenishing liver glycogen. I would recommend a slower digesting protein, such as pure egg white.

Supplementation would fill many pages of this thread. There is a supplement cocktail that I won't live without.

Acetyl L Carnitine [ALCAR]; 3g daily
    Idebenone or Co-Q10; 100mg or 300mg daily
    r-Lipoic acid [+biotin] & r-Dihydrolipoic acid; 300mg + 100mg daily
    Delta Tocotrienol; 80mg daily

ALCAR can be bought in bulk powder. The Idebenone is very difficult to find outside of Japan, but I buy it from my bulk ALCAR source. The r-LA, r-DHLA and Delta-T are available from www.geronova.com "Mito Gold"

The Idebenone is a unimodal antioxidant, among other benefits. Co-Q10 can invert to oxidative under stress, but isn't an issue if taken with ALA due to its high ORAC.

#99     Sep 8, 2006
  10. Looks like 275. Yeah, he could use some chalk, but he would've dropped the bar with or without. He decided to tuck in his thumb in a vain effort to improve his wrist strength on the lift. Spotter was worthless w/o a doubt.

#100     Sep 8, 2006