best way to get fired so I can collect unemployment and jumpstart my trading career?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by garchbrooks, Mar 3, 2010.

1. People get fired all the time for no fulfilling duties all the while the boss still likes the person they are letting go. The bottom line is, if they don't contest the application, the party will get unemployment. So, oxymoron my ass.

I made no such point that IL was different. I specifically pointed out IL because I only have examples from IL. I simply didn't know if other states act the same way. Anyway, I know this is true at least in IL because someone extremely close to me was let go for not meeting performance guidelines in their customer service job. They were fired (not laid off) and they received unemployment benefits regardless.

I normally enjoy your skepticism, but your overconfidence in what you don't know is your undoing.

#21     Mar 3, 2010
  2. Nice backtrack. Must you opine on something you obviously know nothing about? This was not an opinion and you see the other poster offered a similar example. It doesn't matter how it's written, this simply isn't how things operate, even if they should.

#22     Mar 3, 2010
  3. Buzzed

Buzzed

How long did he work for you?

#23     Mar 3, 2010
  4. By the way, my example involved someone working for their company 2.5 years. Fired for performance issues, and received uncontested unemployment.

#24     Mar 3, 2010
  5. Here is the thing...this is no longer 2007 but 2010. Good jobs are simply hard to find...in fact any job is simply hard to find. You have 2 to 3 times the applicants you had for each job then in 2007. The reality is that it has always been difficult to find a job in America. Even in good times you find yourself submitting at least a few hundred resumes until someone calls you back.

If you are looking to lose a job now...well, now is simply not the time to purposely lose a job. Even 2-3 years from now, the unemployment rate will probably be 7-8% which is higher then the early 90s recession. We might be in an environment for the next few years that feels like the early 90s recession and good jobs will be 2-3 times harder to get then in good times.

Second, you know that new employers will be checking your references. Even if your old employer does not say anything bad, you can tell in the enthusiasm of someone else's voice if they were a good employee or not. The employer will simply call up your references and listen to the enthusiasm. If your ex employer just gives title, date, usual information and lacks enthusiasm...wont provide any additional information...then you know that person was a jerk. There are some people out there that will just talk smack about their ex employee and not care about the consequences.

Getting fired from a job is not an easy task. Most larger employers have to build up a case while you are there consisting of a few detailed write-ups and in person meetings. It usually goes like this Verbal/informal warning, first write-up, second write-up...final warning and then fired. The process can take 3-9 months at some companies and they usually develop a book of documentation. Its not an easy task for the managers and there are some employees who end up sitting there doing nothing...just walking and sitting down doing no work for months or years before getting fired. I once heard about this one guy at an insurance company who had a field type position. He simply stopped working and went to the beach...it took them 6 months to fire him...

For smaller employers, its different. They usually can fire you on the spot or just after one informal write-up...

Your best bet is to simply get one of those mini-notebooks with a 10 inch screen and a verizon wireless card or use their equipment at work. Trade at work until you can't...

#25     Mar 3, 2010
  6. You do understand that the previous employer premiums pay for UI don't you. So why would they not contest it ? Extended benefits are covered by the government.

#26     Mar 3, 2010
  7. Listen tard, this is exactly how things work. Unlike you, I have had up to 10 employees and am very familiar with handling their UI. Nothing in your post is accurate.

If you like to demonstrate what happens when someone flunks out in 5th grade or less, you are doing a very good job.

Don't bother responding, you will be on ignore before your next 100% incorrect attempt at a clever comeback. No point wasting more time with the mentally challenged...

#27     Mar 3, 2010
  8. maxpi

maxpi

In my state it's necessary to be laid off.. I emailed and threatened a lawsuit and complained that working in the shithole [it really was horrible] was mindless and how I felt like I didn't have a career but I had a low level daily incarceration... they "laid me off" within a few days.. they were cheapshit to the core, unemployment cost them nothing so they bought me off with that.. it worked out great..

#28     Mar 3, 2010
  9. Wow, TZ hates to be wrong more than I thought he would. Nice little temper tamtrum. I think you've demonstrated your foolishness quite evidently here so I don't need to go any further.

#29     Mar 3, 2010
  10. xburbx

xburbx

not true. government employees will make careers out of doing nothing. not all, but there are quite a handful.

as far as the poster - you're a bottom feeder. stay out of my wallet unless you earn it

#30     Mar 3, 2010