Best way to execute my pair orders

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by TradingNerd, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hello,

I am looking for the best and secure way to execute my orders.

I am trading a stock (for example BAC) vs. a basket of stocks (1 till 10 different kinds of stocks)

First I want to make sure that the BAC gets fully executed and then I want the other 10 hedge orders to be placed.

Currently I am using conditional orders in the IB Excel file but I would rather (if possible) just send in all the orders to TWS at once instead of letting Excel wait for BAC to get executed and then send in the other orders. I want all my orders to be in TWS already so that I can send everything in at once.

In other words, is it possible to make this happen with some sort of group/pair/basket order of some sort of which I am not aware of.

If you right click on an order in TWS and go to attach - Pair trade, it looks like the thing that I am looking for, except I can only add 1 hedge order instead of multiple.

Thanks in advance.

2. some platforms have order type called order sends order (OSO).
    you submit entry order and attach some additional orders to it such as stoploss and target orders. also stoploss and target orders are order cancels order (OCO) to each other so once one of them executed, other is cancelled.

Also sth called parked order in some platforms. these orders are prepared beforehand, sent to exchange and activated by a single click, info etc for faster delivery. I sometimes use them during news releases