Best way to divest from USD now (panicked)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by amylase, Feb 28, 2008.

1. amylase

amylase

Sitting on a shitload of these, i am getting panicked. What are some of good ways to divest from USD now?

2. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

Put everything into Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice and Hot Rolled Bands.

3. Bob111

Bob111

ummm... this could be a sign,that the bottom is near :)

4. Digs

Digs

BUY ETF SHY

Short term TBills

These rates will go to 0.50 to 1.00

or FXE or FXS ETF for Euro and Swiss frank.

5. Try opening a forex account or a straight up foreign bank account. If you're quite worried then deal with paying the exrate now and convert.

A forex account will allow you to hold foreign currencies as long as you have the capital in the account to withstand any bullish USD swings.

6. poyayan

poyayan

Short term, CDs in foreign currency. I don't know why US bank don't offer service like that. I end up taking the foreign bank account route (HSBC HK). You have to report it to IRS though.

7. Relax man... didn't you hear the chairman of the Fed today? He didn't seem to be the slightest bit concerned about the falling dollar when speaking before Congress. Remember Secretary Paulson and Bush have a strong dollar policy in effect....these things take time.

[​IMG]

Don't you feel much better now?

8. Agreed, I am looking for selling opps. in Euro/USD not longs. Just like I am not interested in buying gold up in the stratosphere. Only time will tell.

9. Daal

Daal

too late to panic, you already took most of the beating

10. #10     Feb 28, 2008