Best TV Channel and Newspaper for Day Traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 14, 2012.

1. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

My local paper is near worthless. WSJ is phenomenal, with no shortage of good articles. I wished I had more time to read it fully.

#11     Jun 14, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Are you saying the WSJ helps you with day trading?

#12     Jun 14, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

That's what I'm saying.
    Stay away from books.
    Study charts.

#13     Jun 14, 2012
  4. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

I don't use it really at all for daytrading except to get the macro picture on the markets, stocks, sectors, etc. But for that and for pure enjoyment, it's a great resource.

#14     Jun 14, 2012
  5. Shanb

Shanb

If you are daytrading, especially if you are daytrading equities it would be irresponsible not to look at news lol.

Look at the names i just gave you...you dont want to going balls deep into a stock with an earnings relase in the middle of the day. Or one with an ongoing lawsuit etc.

#15     Jun 14, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Really?
    If earnings are going to be good and publicly revealed in the middle of the day, do you not think insiders are not going to start buying in the morning?

#16     Jun 14, 2012
  7. It sounds like you like to avoid companies that are in the news and want to focus on stocks that are just moving with the rest of the market. I can imagine big news throwing off trends. I'm not sure how quickly this happens though.

#17     Jun 14, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

redtube :p
    let's see what's hot today..Cock hungry black haired loves to suck ..

green shots!

but on serious note i agree with Laissez Faire.

#18     Jun 14, 2012
  9. In the couple of chapters I've read this book has already taught me a lot. I feel like learning from books and other traders is a great supplement to studying charts. Strictly studying charts seems overwhelming and I'm afraid it can lead to me making costly generalizations. This book has a lot of info on studying charts. I'm sure that it's only scratching the surface though.

#19     Jun 14, 2012
  10. Are there particular sources you use to find the time of release?

#20     Jun 14, 2012