Best Trend following Indicator? multiple time frame Dem@rk Buy setup/countdown?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jchm, Apr 15, 2013.

1. jchm

jchm

Demark TD setup / count down are used for reversals but actually it's more effective for trend following !!! it's for spotting the final stage with possibly greatest price acceleration - hence the original thesis of spotting trend exhaustion.

So has anyone had experience trading TD setups/countdown for trend following using multiple timeframes? (e.g trading after count of 2 after monthly,weekly, daily setups are present? )

People unfamiliar to Demark indicators should try it out in thinkorswim (sequatialbuy - a default indicator) and on metatrader 4 (quick google search should do )

there's Nomura Backtesting on TD setup on FX

http://www.scribd.com/doc/48522942/Nomura-DeMark-to-Market-2011-02-03

p.s Anyone got the Buy setup working in multicharts / Ninjatrader ? I want to trade international stocks but only have the working indicator on metatrader 4 and thinkorswim -- in fact I had the tradestation code, compiled it in multicharts 5 beta but just couldn't get it work.

2. Handle123

Handle123

I spent several months trying to get DeMark's indicators to work well enough to show a significant edge, just a waste of time for me. I found the True Strength Index to work better to show trends and divergences.

That's not to say it doesn't work, it just didn't work for me. And much has to also do with timeframe used. What I use to use for one minute bar charts doesn't work as well on weekly bar charts.