Best Trading Strategies For Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MarkWin, Feb 3, 2018.

1. aldrums

aldrums

It’s not what you do, it’s how you think about what you do when you’re doing it.

I am willing to tell everyone here on ET my winning secret. Ready? I buy low and sell high, I sell high and buy low. There it is!

Now go out there and make some money!!

#11     Feb 4, 2018
  2. Quantitative time-series momentum

#12     Feb 4, 2018
  3. That’s BS and you know it. No such thing as definitive highs or lows.

#13     Feb 4, 2018
    Overnight likes this.
  4. aldrums

aldrums

I don’t know what you are talking about

#14     Feb 4, 2018
  5. Trading strategies are the action plans by which traders try to craft their trading journey to achieve the desired trading goals. Various strategic moves are available, whether we are short term traders or long term traders. I prefer price action strategy, scalping and swing. The reasons behind these strategy adoptions are: I prefer to work with smaller investment and smaller amount of risk and current price movement actions. All the three strategies allow me to work with micro risk and investment while giving focus on present small price movements.

#15     Feb 5, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

LOL, only took me 41 years to develop useful system using stochastics, (useful as in limited losses) using a 80, 7 odd parameters but does nicely for turns intraday, and you certainly correct, you have to spend fair amount of time. I didn't use multi timeframes but did use multiple stochastics, one very short term and other is this 80, 7. I can see it helps confirm trend whether using price action or sma. Wide variety of signals, bounces off the %D, exits off the fast stochastic at extremes. You can even be more conservative by waiting for %D to get above 50 for uptrend, just like RSI. After awhile you can see many indicators are similar to others, but fun exploring what one does not see before.

I think most would do better if they didn't trade for first couple years and read early ET.
    @Spectre2007 List is excellent too. But as in a fine wine, takes years to fully understand and enjoy.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trading-rules.317821/

#16     Nov 28, 2018