Best trading platforms for options trading ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aston01, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Aston01

Aston01

I am aware that there are a lot of things that are subjective, but when it comes to trading options I was wondering which platforms are at the top of the list?

I recently signed up for eSignal Premier Plus w/ their Intraday Options History Add on. I really like the Intraday Options History add on and the look of the software package, but the more I work with it the more it just doesn't seem like anyone was thinking when they designed the options trading aspect of the software. It is hard to keep track of various positions you are in on a single option chain just by looking at the options chain and their new window linking design only allows you to link windows on a single level (nice & frustrating)

What it boils down to is it seems to be designed for stock or forex trading, but is rather clumsy dealing with an option which is derived from a stock and has a correlation to the underly stock yet is also its own entity.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit confusing to read, but for almost $300 a month in some ways it makes things harder then the simple minded TradeMonster platform I had been using. Without a doubt the charting is better yet other things (where it matters the most) make you want to pull your hair out.

Any suggestions for a good alternative would be much appreciated.

2. ASE1245

ASE1245

We offer Sterling Trader, Knight Direct, Silexx Obsidian and Instinet Trade Speed. They each excel with regard to options trading differently. If you'd like more information on them, send me an e-mail and I'll call you to discuss it.

Bob
    rmorse@victorsecurities.com

3. may i ask how much is TradeMonster? Never heard of it. Used signal for many years back in 1990s and early 2000s

4. Aston01

Aston01

Free for paper trading. I just happened across it when I was looking for a paper trading platform for options and actually like certain aspects of it. I don't really care for it being web based because that has its issues but for what it is its not bad at all.

So many of the platforms I have seen are clean with minimal features or look like a version of Photoshop from the 90's and can do everything under the sun if you want to take the time to figure out how (i.e. not very intuitive but capable)

5. bc1

bc1

I've started looking at optionmonster.com which is a part of trademonster and started by Najarian of cnbc. Click on the quotes tab for free use of charts and options. I like the charting and then under strategy seek they offer some possible trades for those inclined. It shows the IV and probabilities easily.