Best trading platform for IB excluding TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Zohaibmajeed, Jan 5, 2019.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

Why don't you run a second platform on a second monitor or PC?

#41     Jan 7, 2019
  2. Why not first identifying what the problem is? I start to get the sense OP is not really sure what he actually wants or what is missing. Unless we get more details it is hard to make a solid recommendation...

#42     Jan 7, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

We've always allowed IB data. You can use IB for both data and for execution if IB's data is sufficient for your needs. Or you can use an alternate data source and still execute through IB (or any of our other supported brokers), if you need an alternative.

We do have Time and Sales.

#43     Jan 7, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  4. After comparing time & sales with others I found that basic problem is that IB time & sales shows most of transaction in between the spread so I was unable to identify if it is on bid or ask while other platforms shows same transactions on bid or ask

#44     Jan 7, 2019
  5. Without wanting to be offensive but I am not sure you fully understand how this all works. The spread you see (bid-ask) as part of t&s is the NBBO (please. Google if you are unsure what it is) so it is normal you see many transactions inside the NBBO spread. You will even see transactions outside the NBBO spread. If you want to apply a filter that may be possible especially via api. But you keep on talking about things that should be clear for someone who truly looks to derive value from a t&s analysis. My recommendation is to think again what you really want to use t&s information for and to think exactly about your expectations and what is realistic and what not. Just my 2 cents.

#45     Jan 8, 2019
  6. I know there will be trasaction between spread or above and below the ask & bid but what I am saying is that IB's time & sales don't match with others as most of trasaction are shown in white which I understand is not on bid or ask but same trasaction is shown in red or green in other time & sales.
    For this reason I wanted to change platform with some other datafeed but continue trading on IB

#46     Jan 8, 2019
  7. Do you actually understand precisely what each T&S at IB and other data platform entails? Are you absolutely sure of that? Do you know which platform reports Finra mandated trades, derivatives hedges, crosses between broker/dealers, odd lots and a lot more? Are you subscribed to ALL local exchangesat IB and the other broker platforms to be sure you are comparing apples with apples? I highly doubt that. Unless you really know what you are dealing with your claim that those feeds provide different data I points is all but an unsubstantiated claim. I am out of this thread. Ping me if you figured out precisely what you need and precisely which data point is missing that you need.

#47     Jan 8, 2019
  8. lamden

lamden

I agree. NinjaTrader.

#48     Jan 11, 2019
  9. Hooter

Hooter

has everything you asked for

#49     Jan 12, 2019
  10. FFF

FFF