Best trading platform for IB excluding TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Zohaibmajeed, Jan 5, 2019.

1. What do you not like about tws or their api? I would argue it's still the best in class.

#11     Jan 5, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  2. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

I say it's better, but that's just my opinion. Everyone looks for different things in their platform. I've never really liked TWS. It just seems more clunky, and less user friendly than other platforms. I'm sure a lot of people love it.

Das Trader Pro is a low latency platform that was designed for active traders. It's offered by several different brokers. I'm not with IB, but this is the platform I would use if I were.

#12     Jan 6, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  3. qlai

qlai

OMG. I am new to it, but I don't think you can use it reliably. I would not trust it with fully automated strategies unless it's a couple of trades a day. For example, instead of sending OrderRejected message they send a generic error message that could refer to anything. So what's the status of the order ... Is it dead or pending? Don't even get me started on the market data. Not to mention they seem to break things all the time (based on other people complains). But the scope/features of the API are impressive no doubt. Have to take the good with the bad I guess.

#13     Jan 6, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  4. I don’t have any visualisation problem with IB nor do with charting. I like them as they are one of best but my only problem is T&S and hotkeys ( can’t configure hotkeys to sell half or quarter of position)
    Platform I am looking for should display their own data I-e sterling and use IB to excute orders

#14     Jan 6, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

#15     Jan 6, 2019
  6. It only does for US residents and I am not based there

#16     Jan 6, 2019
  7. Which error codes in this list are missing in your opinion? I have never received an order rejection or cancelation without understanding from the error codes why.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/php/whiteLabel/Interoperability/Socket_Client_C++/errors.htm

#17     Jan 6, 2019
    Zohaibmajeed likes this.
  8. Again, all solvable via api. I actually programmed an order screen where I can fully customize any order I ever wish and linked those order types to buttons on a UI. The UI is on a touch sensitive display, nothing is faster for discretionary trade input than this. So it all depends on your budget and how advanced you want to get.

#18     Jan 6, 2019
    MGB and Zohaibmajeed like this.
  9. If you can't program hire someone and pay 300-500 usd to get all that you asked for in this thread. Any of the software discussed in this thread costs more than a customized programming solution after already 2-3 months.

#19     Jan 6, 2019
    patan and Zohaibmajeed like this.
  10. I am not into programming or know much about API so that why looking for any platform but I will try to search about API and all stuff

#20     Jan 6, 2019