Best trading books that nobody has heard of ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by prox, Jun 10, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

#11     Jun 13, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

I got a couple of ebooks that were good, will dig them up and post. One from the guy with Omnitrader is good, "The 7 Chart Patterns That Consistently Make Money".

Max

#12     Jun 13, 2003
  3. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

I actually pulled them down off shelf after staring at the shelf for 20 mins.

- Sun Tzu's Art of War For Traders adn Investors - Dean Lundell 1997
    - Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The MAdness of Crowds - Charles Mackay, orig print 1841 (the best, longest, most boring yet rewarding read ever)

- Zen In the Markets, Confessions of A Samurai Trader - Edward Allen Toppel - 1992 (skip right over chap 4)

These are all great books for the psyche. I won't recommend any books on strategy. The best strategy will not work with someone who has no discipline. NOT saying that you folks don't. Strategies are just too subjective and depend on your personal financial situation.

I've recommended these books for years, and not one complaint, just lots of thank yous. Hope that helps!

#13     Jun 13, 2003
  4. A decent trading book nobody has ever heard of? That's easy, mine. :D TradingSystemDesign.com

I've enjoyed the others here thus far also.

#14     Jun 13, 2003
  5. [​IMG]

#15     Jun 13, 2003
  6. The best book is the one I am just reading... If I ever change my mind, I will let you know.................... Otherwise, it will remain my sweet mystery... Yes, there are books like that... sorry, but at least I am being honest.

#16     Jun 13, 2003
  7. A decent and relatively unknown book is "Elements of Successful Trading" by Robert Rotella. It covers a lot of ground, most of it with not enough depth for experienced traders, but the sections on money management and psychology are pretty good.

#17     Jun 13, 2003
  8. Man, why would you do that to us? :confused: BTW, any hints? :D

#18     Jun 13, 2003
  9. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

I like this one called "the book of charts" that was put out back in the late 90s, lots of basic cup patterns, by bowman/black/hawley ... anyone heard of it? it's been my mouse pad for the last 3 years, I like having it close...it's basic, but overall a very good charts book .. its out of print now..

maybe track down a copy via bookfinders someday, eg
    http://www.bookfinder.com/dir/i/The_Book_of_Charts-Micro_Trend_Chart_Analysis/0966260139/
    nothing shows up now though ..

ken

#19     Jun 14, 2003
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi