best trading books ever

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by FredBloggs, Oct 28, 2005.

1. are any of these books on scalping by any chance? If not, i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book on scalping and Tape Reading in general.

#31     Dec 3, 2005
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

I would ask the question: With all the different ways to enter trades these days and the programs accounting for approx 50% of the NYSE volume, is tape reading a thing of the past?

just wondering if the books are valid to spend your hard earned money on...:confused:

PS, as an aside: There are books about the "MENTAL ADVANTAGE in Sports Training". How many times have you heard the phrase, get your head in the game? I couple books about sports mental training will help any trader out there. Professional level of sports requires the head to be screwed on properly, same for trading.

another phrase from a coach to a player after a flubbed shot etc: Get your head out of your butt.........:D

#32     Dec 3, 2005
  3. myongsun

myongsun

trading the ross hook.

probably the best treatise on swing high & swing low concept
    which i consider to be the most important market concept to date.:)

#33     Mar 14, 2006
  4. tyrant

tyrant

He covers a lot in his "quite thick" book but I really can't tolerate his style of writing.

There are some very different book titles mentioned as well as some familiar ones. Again, to each his own.

If I were to choose one trading book which has helped me most, it has to be "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas. Discipline was my main weakness after I have developed a trading plan. His book is VERY repetitious, which can be quite boring for some, but it really DRILLS IT IN for me.

"Live the Dream by Profitably...." by Gary Smith is also a very entertaining read along with Pit Bull, but the methods described might not be suitable for the markets today. Yet, they do provide good values.

Other books I recommend is here.

#34     Mar 15, 2006
  5. Trend Following by Michael Covel?! What an absolute waste of space!!! Outside of a broad introduction to the arena, it's a truly useless piece of journalism.

Should one be interested in learning about Trend Following, look towards:

http://www.originalturtles.org/

#35     Mar 15, 2006
  6. Sharla

Sharla

Winners take all

#36     Mar 15, 2006
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Yep, just went through this book.

Excellent counter viewpoint of technical analysis. There is an very good Amazon review rebuttal. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...76112-8405651?_encoding=UTF8&n=283155&s=books
    The reviewer essentially says the best trading philisophy is a combination of both. Taking into extreme either method is too rigorous for how the market works. In the end, we're all just trying to place trades with the highest probability.

Gary Smith's How I trade for a living is a nice complementary to this book.

#37     Mar 18, 2006