best trading books ever

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by FredBloggs, Oct 28, 2005.

1. none i can think on that give method. but books by grant noble, bo yodergot me pointed in the right direction. yoder logic finally got me away from the scalp and run trading and ultra small stop loss stuff. yoder pointed me towards the open

wizard book was good read. as well as pit bull. i think steenbarger stuff on he web is good for trading mentality

#11     Oct 28, 2005
  2. #12     Oct 28, 2005
  3. serg007

serg007

Perry Kaufman "Trading systems and methods"

It's more scientific than easy reading but is loaded with different ideas so that everybody might find something useful personally for him

#13     Oct 28, 2005
  4. Agree..It is one I refer back to often...excellent..

#14     Oct 28, 2005
  5. Choad

Choad

Also agree.

And just so everybody knows, this is NOT the Gary Smith of Real Money and Fox TV. This Gary really trades. He put his account and trades out there for all to see. Who else has done that?

He also will say that most of his old methods don't work for him anymore. Another admission that most "gurus" wouldn't make.

He posts on ET under something like "oo7Arb"

#15     Oct 28, 2005
  6. Sittas

Sittas

I also liked The stock trader by Tony Oz.
    It's a bit dated by now, but still a good read

#16     Oct 28, 2005
  7. "Essential Technical Analysis" by Leigh Stevens is the only TA book I made myself read from cover to cover (if you don't count the O'Neil stuff years ago) so that at least I can say I read one book (skimmed many). The book is OK although they are all pretty painful to read. Would recommend it as a basic TA book.

#17     Oct 29, 2005
  8. 1. Trend Following by Michael Covel

2. Market Wizards series by schwager

3. Exceptional Trading the Mind Game by Ruth Roosevelt

#18     Oct 29, 2005
  9. 1. Mind Over Markets by Dalton, Jones & Dalton
    2. Value Based Power Trading by Don Jones (e-book)

#19     Oct 29, 2005
  10. I got a lot from Steve Nison's Candlestick books.

Using Moving Averages and Fibonacci - ebook.

For pure entertainment - nothing to really help trading - Confessions of a Street Addict (Jim Cramer). I think someone referenced it earlier.

#20     Oct 29, 2005