Best Trading Book Ever Period

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by doublea, May 28, 2005.

1. doublea

doublea

Computerized Trading: Maximizing Day Trading and Overnight Profits--- edited by Mark Jurik and published by NY Institute of Finance.

I have been reading this book for the last few weeks. There are 4 sections and 18 chapters written by 18 people. The four major sections are:
    1. Basic Trading Skills and Methods: 7 chapters
    2. Testing and Evaluation: 2 chapters
    3. Assesing the Market and Yourself: 4 chapters and
    4. Advanced Indicators and Forecasting: 5 chapterts.

I have found this to be way way better than any of the 50+ books that I have read so far.

I would like to start a discussion on a certain chapter and a method. If any one is interested to participate, please read the book. I don't know how much it costs but you should be able to borrow it from the local library.

I'm going on vacation for a week. This should give anyone who is interested some time to read the book.

2. Kit Kat

Kit Kat

why don't you digitize the book and make it available to us all?

3. plenty of these used for under $7 on amazon.
    why have you found this book to be so much better?

4. Hamutaro

Hamutaro

:D heavy selling pressure, $5 would be the next support, but I don't think there will be anyone on the bid side :D

5. froggie

froggie

LOL, that was funny. LOL...hahahahaha

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

According to a lot of the reviews at amazon, this book is crap. If there are blank charts that should have data and somebody actually advocating displaced(!) MAs of all things, I have to agree.

7. Gee, the guy even has a .com http://www.jurikres.com

Here's the book to check out.

"Mark Jurik taps into the minds of twenty experts who reveal their strategies for maximizing profitability using computerized trading systems."

I've found, gleaning even one single good trading principle out of a book makes the price worth it.

However, in this case, I think getting it for under $10 used would be a better deal.

Anyone know who the "20 experts" are? Looks like Joe "Big Joe" Dinapoli is one of them.

8. Hello:

I want to say thanks to the people who posted this thread. In the future, when I am feeling down or having trouble at work, I will simply read this thread. You folks should be writing scripts for a situation comedy. Who needs antidepressants when you have ET?

"BEST TRADING BOOK EVER, PERIOD!" :p

Thank you all,

Lefty

9. I think ET should be turned into a situation comedy. :D

What's funnier than trading and traders?

How 'bout it, Baron, we goin' to Hollywood?

theskalper

10. avadon

avadon

It's on edonkey.

#10     May 29, 2005