Best trading blogs

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by alisa, Jun 25, 2006.

1. hubert101

hubert101

and she's only 25, what a little ho. Even though who knows, everyone is anonymous in the internet, she could actually be a he tranny....

#51     Jan 26, 2007
  2. hubert101

hubert101

how do people find time to work full-time, trade, and write a blog? (most of these blogs are done by people who are not even pro traders). I work in IT and have to sneak in a trade whenever i can.... i'd never be able to pull off a blog.

#52     Jan 26, 2007
  3. Hey, she can obviously trade. And the blog is more entertaining than most.

#53     Jan 26, 2007
  4. Maybe they aren't working fulltime in a job outside of trading.

:D

Heck, if they are profitable traders with a decent account...they are probably just trading and using these blogs for entertainment purposes or are doing it because they are the type that likes to write and can do it quickly.

For example, I have a friend that's a successful photograher and he has a private blog (family members only) that documents his travels around the world with images.

I asked him how much time he spends per day on his blog and he saids about 30mins to write a page worth of info and upload about 5 images...

He post about 4 times per week.

Also, you don't need to be a pro trader to write a blog unless you have a different definition of a pro trader.

A pro trader to me is someone like an instituational trader, floor trader, someone with a certification and managing an account funded by someone else et cetera.

Basically a pro trader is someone on salary and being payed to trade although this all by itself isn't true for a few...

Every body else are just retail traders.

Mark

#54     Jan 26, 2007
  5. bl82

bl82

Mark has the time commitment about right -- and some of us trade for a living on our own without drawing a salary.

For the lone wolf trader, a blog is an excellent way to find like-minded souls to correspond with and share ideas, collect some links, and use the virtual "publishing deadline" as a forcing function to fine tune R&D efforts, analysis, etc.

Ironically, I "met" Lauriston via his blog just a few days before I saw his post here.

This time, I'll offer my blog as well: http://vixandmore.blogspot.com/

Cheers and good trading/blogging,

-Bill

#55     Jan 26, 2007
  6. victoria

victoria

Thank you guys for the mention! I am having fun blogging, but don't have time to post as much as I want because of the real job and other commitments. The blog is really a library for me to catalog some of my best set-ups, and also a place to post fun stuff. It is entertaining for me, and I hope others enjoy it too. The photos and polls have turned out to be MUCH fun (make sure you vote in this week's poll!).

:)

Have a wonderful weekend!

#56     Jan 26, 2007
  7. Neet

Neet

Victoria,

You are one crazy trader, thanks for the pictures, I mean the blog :)

#57     Jan 26, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

#58     Jan 27, 2007
  9. theres a gambler who has a blog in trading the ym on the side , he seems honest and not bsing how great he is like more than a few on here do ! bluestreak is on of the best posters here but gets ridiculed the most ! too many here have ego's too big for there bitches .

#59     Jan 27, 2007
  10. Neet

Neet

The one thing I'm suspicious on Victoria's Blog, outside from the possibility that the actual writer/trader might have a big penis underneath the "dress", is that she/he might be somehow related to Trader-X and/or tradethemove. Too many references/marketing.

However, the blog is a brilliant idea, whether it is true or false.

....feel free to call me a skeptic, after all we are in the ET forums :)

#60     Jan 27, 2007