Best Trader of All-Time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bestmiler, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Ohh K. And what is the name of the book?

#51     Jun 6, 2009
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

Paul Tudor Jones - for sake of consistency

But I've learned the most from Livingston's trading experiences

#52     Jun 6, 2009

3. that sounds like a impressive accomplishment for a retail trader, but in all seriousness, the people we are discussing can make/lose 500k in less than an hour, sometimes way less. he isn't even in the same ball park as the greats.

surf

#53     Jun 6, 2009
  4. No, a little over 1 billion. Not tens.

#54     Jun 6, 2009
  5. Of course, those of us who have been aorund here a while cannot forget $$$$$$$$$$MR.MARKET$$$$$$$$$$$.

Did Stevie Cohen have 73 consecutive winners?

Could Jesse Livermore bench 375?

Does Paul Tudor Jones have 19 inch biceps?

Does George Soros have body hair so thick that large animals live their entire lives undetected on his body?

No, no, no and no.

There is only one Mr$$$$$Market.

There is that other guy Waxie however. I am stunned no one has mentioned him, since it is well known that HE RULES THE FRIGGIN' MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw that on an informercial, so it must be true.

#55     Jun 6, 2009
  6. good point about soros. wasn't he niederhoffer's mentor?

:D :D

#56     Jun 6, 2009

7. "I was able to turn that $13,000 into a fully-audited pre-tax sum of $1.65 million"

#57     Jun 6, 2009
  8. I would have to say Steven Cohen or Paul Tudor Jones.

[Jones uses a global macro strategy when trading in some of his funds. This strategy can be seen in the 1987 PBS film "TRADER: The Documentary". The film shows Mr. Jones as a young man predicting the 1987 crash using methods similar to market forecaster Robert Prechter.

Although the video was shown on public television in November 1987, very few copies exist. Those that do are hoarded by traders who watch the hour long movie in the hope of gleaning possible trading tips from Jones. On the Internet, bids for the video start at $295"]

Wow. :eek:

#58     Jun 6, 2009
  9. [​IMG]

#59     Jun 6, 2009

10. He is in Market Wizards so he must have got someone's attention.:)

A farm boy from Ohio won't make your list of elites.......give me a break. Anyone worth their salt starts at the bottom.

Isn't Tudor Jones from Tennessee.

You really need to get out of New York, there is a whole wide world out there.

#60     Jun 6, 2009