Best Trader of All-Time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bestmiler, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Interesting. Where are those quotes from?

#41     Jun 6, 2009
  2. in the end, all Jesse Livermore had was 2 bankruptcies to show for his work.

#42     Jun 6, 2009

3. Ever heard of Mark D. Cook?

Not only did he blow up, but owed 500,000 to the brokerage after bring wiped out and paid it all back.

Some folks are just tougher than others.

#43     Jun 6, 2009
  4. I'll second that.

#44     Jun 6, 2009
  5. Timmy Sykes.

"Short selling penny stocks Annihilates All Indexes, Strategies & Hedge Funds. Learn how Tim turned $12415 into $2 million by short selling..."

James Lipton himself would make an exception and allow for an interview of a trader like Timmy in 'Inside the Actor's Studio.'

[​IMG]

#45     Jun 6, 2009
  6. bathrobe

bathrobe

Spot on call, John Arnold's age makes him even more impressive

I recently read an article on alphaville I think where my favorite trader: Paul Tudor Jones and who I also think is the best said his biggest mistake of his career was missing the Credit Crisis. I have to say when you are a billionaire trader but are still humble enough to give a public interview admitting a missed opportunity you are the creme de la creme of the trading world.

#46     Jun 6, 2009
  7. plan

plan

I second Paul Tudor Jones, I try to read anything I can about the guy.

#47     Jun 6, 2009

8. Thanks, but I get paid for writing and for my ideas, as a financial journalist. ET is a great place to obtain the latest and unique news and views.

surf:confused:

#48     Jun 6, 2009
  9. Jack Hershey

#49     Jun 6, 2009
  10. They are from a book which share stories about Gann from one of the people who watched him trade.

#50     Jun 6, 2009