Best trade and most fun from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oraclewizard77, May 24, 2008.

1. i'm not sure, hence the post, but if I am reading the above right, you saw this woman roughly a minimum of once a month all for a 3000 / month retainer.

Having lived in Chile, Argentina and Panama, I must say that you got taken for a ride. Sure it may have been pleasant, but for that kind of money you can find not only a woman with those looks but also some solid family values and lack of emotional / drug issues.

While I wouldn't have expressed it in such a way, I will have to side with Surdo on this one.

#21     May 26, 2008
  2. My biggest winner was Rio Tinto, last November. I owned 15 contracts of the Nov. $375 calls. The stock closed at $357 on Nov. 7th and then thing gapped up $100 the next morning. I netted about 76k profit. I cashed out at the market open, and decided to skip my 9:00a.m. economics class. I'll have a hard time beating that trade, at least until I'm out of school, and working for some firm, then I'm gonna get "Kerviel" on some mothafuckas! LOL

#22     May 26, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

I hope you did not wind up marrying any of Jackson's "friends" in Recoleta!

el surdo

#23     May 26, 2008
  4. No, she is not from Argentina, I met her normally. Also, I spent $ 3,000 a month at Las Vegas, that was not all on the girl there so maybe I put it wrong.

#24     May 26, 2008
  5. PaulRon

PaulRon

zing!

#25     May 26, 2008
  6. You did not answer my earlier question.....

do you still own your departamento in la recoleta

regards
    f9

#26     May 26, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Going long stock index futures after the Pentagon got hit on September 11th 2001. I had got long too early on a reasonable size position and was down mid 5 figures at the lows; I waited for the panic to end, saw the market start to rally, then went leveraged long and made back my initial losses, ending with a 6 figure up day.

As for the most fun I had - let's just say that if I described it truthfully, no one would believe me.

#27     May 26, 2008
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Is this still your trading strategy? ;)

#28     May 26, 2008
  9. I've been recklessly expanding my art collection for the past 25 years or so with any extra money I make. One can look at the middle level Impressionist, and Old Masters market and find some good value. The art market has an interesting correlation with the number of margin calls on the street.

http://masteroftheuniverse.wordpress.com/

#29     May 26, 2008
  10. Be careful bro. I'm 20 and recently had the same type of setup. Only I made the money in real estate. If you havent already, hedge yourself in every way possible. You cant imagine the amount of things that can go wrong one after the other. Trust me. It sucks.

#30     May 26, 2008