Best trade and most fun from trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oraclewizard77, May 24, 2008.

1. Best trade was a bit of a long shot gap fill on the futures last year.

Most fun with trading money involves pretty much everything that's going on right now in my life: owning a brand new house with all the bells and whistles, a car and a sweet ass music rec room. At the ripe old age of 24 :)

#11     May 25, 2008
  2. Nice.
    That was me - made a ton trading and working by 25.
    Lived the high life (cars, trips) for a few years - took a few shots at things that did not work.
    Started a biz.
    Settled down.
    Losing hair.

#12     May 25, 2008
  3. Jan 3rd 2001..

I had just started my transition from an investor to a trader and didn't know squat about anything. The Nas had been down 3 straight months so in my infinite wisdom I decided, hey can't be down 4, right?..LOL!

Anyway, on Jan 2 I bought Jan QQQ calls, a lot of them for me(100) because the Nas was down hard. Well on the morning of Jan 3rd the Nas was down another 160 points and my calls were getting destroyed so I did the unthinkable and doubled down right before noon and went to lunch.

While out eating lunch it occured to me that I had just screwed up bigtime and I shouldn't have doubled up. So with that in mind I rush back to work to close the trade.

I get back to work and lo-and-behold the FED has slashed interest rates and my calls are exploding..I made about 80K that day. I was only making about 100K/yr from my job so that was huge money to me.

Anyhow, the idea that I had made almost 1 full years income by Jan 3rd changed my life forever.

#13     May 25, 2008
  4. I made 100 bucks once.

Susana

#14     May 25, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

Was that for an hour?

#15     May 25, 2008
  6. If my memory serves me (it usually doesn't), I think Cramer made the same trade.

#16     May 25, 2008
  7. mc donalds is teh sh1771!!!

b3s7 j0b ever!@

#17     May 25, 2008
  8. hourly rate?

#18     May 25, 2008
  9. Greatest ET post EVER!!! LMFAO! I recently found several gray hairs... I've been freaking out for weeks. Bought Just For Men, 3 different colors, but haven't brought myself to use any yet. Im not even close to 40 yet. o_O So recently I've been shopping for a new motorcycle. I want the Harley XR1200 Sportster that looks a lot like a vintage orange enduro. But its not in America yet. Which is funny. 30 something man finds gray hairs, seriously contemplates dying hair in the privacy of his own home, can't follow through with it, so instead shops for an American made Harley Davidson motorcycle, but its not sold in America. Irony. I-R-O-N-Y. Irony.

#19     May 25, 2008
  10. Hehe
    I hear good stuff about Rogaine - like that shit's liquid gold baby...

Oy - I'm getting my Dad's chromedome gene unfortunately...so much for inheriting the hair genes from your mother - that's all bullshit..

#20     May 25, 2008